Monday, December 15, 2008

Binky B-Gone

Yep! As of Thursday, Jett has had no binky. We have been down to one binky for quite some time now because they kept disappearing one by one, and I refused to buy any more because I figured when the last one could no longer be found we would phase them out completely. Last Thursday we couldn't find the binky all day long. Jett doesn't usually ask for one until we are in the car or it is time for bed, but after his bath I pulled open a drawer and there it was. I quickly hid it and proceeded to get him ready for bed. We then read a few books, sang a few songs, and before I knew it, it was bedtime. Once I put him in his crib and turned off the light, I handed him his lion that plays "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and walked out of his room. To my surprise, he fell right to sleep. As of today, he has only asked for it once. We asked him "Who uses a binky?" Jett's reply was "Babies......you don't need the binky." I can only pray that potty training and sleeping in a big boy bed are as easy. HA!
Thursday night was my mom's birthday. This year was much more enjoyable than last year when we were all stranded at her house in the dark with no heat due to the ice storm! Here is Jett "helping" gramma check out some of her new things.



Saturday we went to my mom's house for a while and Jett entertained himself with her collection of snowmen that play music and dance.

This rocking chair was my step-dad's when he was about Jett's age.

Where's Jett?????

Under the table hiding!

Playing catch with gramma

Sunday was unseasonably warm (in the a.m.)so I dressed Jett in a short romper for church. Afterwards Amy and I visited while the kids played together in an empty gravel parking lot beside the building. They had fun throwing the rocks (not at each other)and running around despite the wind.
Jett helping Abby walk on the rocks

Geez this wind is strong.

Abby looking adorable as usual!

Within about 2 hours of those pictures, the temperature had seriously dropped about 40 degrees and it was FREEZING!! We came home, changed into much warmer clothes and vegged the rest of the evening. Here are some random pictures of one of Jett's favorite games. He loves flying like an airplane and then crashing down on mommy!



Have a great week!!

2 comments:

momaziggy said...

Hey Amber! Thanks so much for stoppin by. I guess I don't have my Family blog set to email me when someone posts a comment so I didn't even know you posted! Haha! Thank you for your sweet compliments. I'm having a lot of fun learning! I'm sorry I haven't been by your blog. I seem to be busy lately! Lol! I can't believe how BIG Jett is getting. And he gets more handsome too. He's a gorgeous lil guy and the girls will be knocking down your door! Be prepared! Haha! I hope you guys have a wonderful Holiday season. Oh...and I'm jealous of your bathroom. Can I move in? I could LIVE in just your bathroom! Haha! :O)

Marisa said...

I can't believe how long Abby's hair is getting! It's beautiful!!
I think it's so funny that your bathroom is a play area! I'm with Crystal though...I could live in your bathroom!