Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nursery sans changing table

There wasn't much going on in the Goldsworthy house this week, as we were all still recovering from the not-so-fun stomach flu. Notice I said say "we"? Last week you might recall that Bobby and Jett were both ill, but at the beginning of this week, I became the latest casualty of the yucky bug. As of now, we are all doing well and feeling like ourselves again. Since we were just hanging out around the house this week, I decided to take advantage of being at home, and decided to move Jett's changing table out of his room. He has really been too big for it for quite some time, and besides that, I really needed to move in his chest of drawers since both of his closets are packed full. I have been putting this off for weeks because it makes me so sad to think that he is getting to be such a big boy. What am I ever going to do when he is too big for his crib?!?! I just love that little guy SO much, and I keep trying to remind myself that although time is passing so quickly, he does get much more fun and more and more interactive every day. Here are some quick pictures of his room sans changing table.















Brushing his teeth is still a favorite of Jett's, which I am taking full advantage of at the moment because I am sure the day will come that he fights me on it. He particularly likes Bobby's battery powered toothbrush. I think it tickles his gums. Here is a picture of him using daddy's toothbrush....and we wonder why we all got sick.














Getting ready in the morning is also a challenge with an active 1 year old, so I distract with snacks. I begin the process with toys, but when those get boring, I break out the goldfish. Yum Yum!














Bobby and I were noticing that it isn't toys that entertain Jett, as much as his his attempts to carry things up and down all of the steps in our house. Our house is multi-level with steps pretty much every where you look, and Jett is determined to lift each and every one of his toys up and down all of them. It is extremely entertaining to watch him attempt to lift toys that are almost as big as he is up and down the steps. Perhaps the funniest part of this process is listening to him grunt and groan while he is doing so. This picture is of Jett and one of the smaller toys.














That's about all I have time for tonight. Amy and I are taking a road trip tomorrow with the kiddo's so I have some last minute packing to do. Have a great week!

1 comment:

RachelM said...

I can imagine how hard it was to take his changing table out. I love his little leg warmers!! TOO CUTE!