Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Years 2008

I hope that everyone had a great New Years. I apologize for another late post, but my husband decided that we needed a new TV, so we have spent the last 2 days re-organizing our entire home to accomodate the new purchase. Fun! As of this evening, our home is officially back in some sort of order. I think Jett was confused as to why we were moving things around, and why there was furniture in the middle of his play areas, which would be the whole downstairs really. We never allow him upstairs, mainly because it is more of an area for entertaining, but also because I am terrified that he is somehow going to be able to knock down the baby gate and fall down the stairs. New Years Day I was up there putting some things away so, of course Jett was up there with me. He decided that he was going to bounce up and down on the couch in the game room while standing up. These pictures pretty much show his exact personality these days....brave, daring, and extremely independent.

Check this out...I can stand on the furniture















And hop up and down while standing....















Why aren't you on my side Tiffany???














Jett is so much fun. Every day he just seems to get sillier, sweeter, and so much more fun. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE he newborn stage and miss it incredibly, but it is so much fun to watch him grow and learn new things. The other night he was worn out after a busy day of running errands, and while I was addressing Thank You cards, he got quiet. This is what I turned around to find...

















Jett was wiped out on the hard ceramic tile in the kitchen. He was smart enough to at least use a oven mit and glove as a pillow though. He is such a sweetie pie!

This past weekend we took a FABULOUS trip to Arkansas to visit my cousin's and my aunt, who is recovering from a fall in a nursing home in Springdale. Jett, who is usually very stranger shy was actually being unusually sociable and friendly. Here are some pictures from our visit with Aunt Beulah, and a few from my cousin Sue's house.





















After we left the nursing home we rushed to Rogers to squeeze in a few hours of shopping at a fantastic shopping center called Pinnacle Hills Promenade. They had great stores and I discovered a new favorite children's boutique called 3 Monkeys. Jett got a lot of new fun things. Shoes, clothes, and baby legs (pictures will follow in future posts) and then I went next door to the Bath Junkie and picked up a few things for myself. I have always loved Arkansas, but now I have another excuse to make more frequent trips! Here is a cute picture of Jett on his daddy's shoulders while shopping. That's all I have for now. Everyone have a great week!

1 comment:

RachelM said...

So glad you came by my blog! We must have some of the same taste in clothes because McCoy has that bulldog hat and the little dachsund outfit, too! How funny!
And, I absolutely love the name Jett!!