Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas to all!!!

I hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas, we did! Bobby got a new tool box and a set of new racing leathers, I got a new camcorder and an Ipod shuffle for running, and Jett got more toys and clothes than I can even list. Christmas Eve I got Jett ready for bed and then we read The Night Before Christmas. OK, so we only read the first half before he was bored and trying to rip out the pages, but I tried. Here is a picture of him before bed Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning we woke up and made the rounds to Bobby's parents, and then finally to my mom's house. Jett was a little overwhelmed with all of the presents. Here are some pictures of Santa's Lil Helper on Christmas day.





After loading all of the toys and new gifts into our vehicle after a fun and busy day, we headed home. The whole way there, all I was thinking about was where on earth I was going to put everything. So, I ended up placing some toys in the formal living room, some in our master bedroom, some in the master bathroom (for entertaining Jett while we are getting ready),some in the kitchn, and some in his bedroom. Whew! I was beat! We have had a great time playing with all of Jett's new things, and we are especially enjoying bath time with all of the fun new bathtime toys! Here are some random pictures from this week.



















While running the bath water one night last week, Jett found his towel and decided to play peek-a-boo with Tiffany. How cute are these two?!?!?














Tiffany was not forgotten on Christmas either...Gramma made sure that she had her stocking full of fun new squeaky toys. She loves them!


Today I finally had Jett's 1 year pictures made. I have agonized all week about what he was going to wear, and made several phone calls to my mom to get her opinion as well. Finally, I decided that nothing he had was exactly what I had in mind so I went shopping yesterday and bought him a new outfit. It was perfect! The pictures turned out SO good and Jett did really well. I was a little concerned about his behavior, as Saturday afternoon he had a major meltdown at the mall while we were shopping with Amy and Abby. The first incident occured while in Gymboree. I was drinking a frappuccino from Starbucks, and Jett was angry that I wouldn't let him have it. He swatted at my arm, knocking the drink from my hand and spilling it all over the floor...and clothes. I was mortified. We told the nice lady at the register about the mess and headed off to the food court so that Amy could feed Abby. I knew that when Jett saw Abby's bottle he would be upset, so I decided to distract him with ice cream. It worked for a little bit, but once the ice cream was gone he proceeded to throw a HUGE fit, screaming and all. I apologized to Amy and we headed home where Bobby was waiting on us to go eat dinner. I told Bobby that now might be a good time to start implementing rules and punishment for bad behavior (neither one of us are going to be very good at that). We decided that it was probably just his molars bothering him, and we will save the punishing for antoher day. HA! He was back to his usual, happy self today. THANK GOD! Here is one last picture to remind everyone how sweet my baby boy is...even if he has a bad day every once and a while. Have a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: