Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Jett meets Santa.....

Last week, my friend Amy and I decided that it would be a fabulous idea to go out to dinner, do a little shopping, and take Abby and Jett to have their pictures made with Santa. I was a little apprehensive about how Jett would react to the stranger with hair on his face, but knowing that he loves all of the Christmas lights and decorations everywhere, I thought that he might be distracted enough that it wouldn't bother him. WRONG. When we first got there, Jett seemed fascinated with the trees all covered in "bah's" and all of the people showering him with attention. Then he even noticed Santa. He looked at him and even smiled at him from afar. Then we started walking closer until we were standing directly in front of him. Jett was still fine, just looking at him and checking him out. Then it happened.....Santa spoke. He said "Hi Jett". I could feel Jett's legs tighten around my waist as he grabbed a fist full of my shirt and buried his little head into my neck. He still wasn't fussing or crying so I sat him on Santa's lap and backed away quickly. Before I could turn around, his little lips turned outward and his eyes were clenched together. Then 5 seconds later, this is what he looked like.........

Poor guy. I quickly grabbed him and he immediately was fine. He even let me put him down, and he walked around and flirted with all of the ladies that were working in the picture area. He even toddled around and checked things out while Abby was getting her picture made. She, of course, was a perfect little angel. I suspect that next year when she realizes what is going on she might be frightened too.

This week has been a little rough for us because not only have I been super busy at work, but Jett, Bobby, and I have all been under the weather. Jett started off with a yucky cold, which I later caught. Then Bobby contracted some type of nasty stomach virus, which Jett later got after his cold went away. Then Jett and I started feeling better and Bobby got the cold that we had been passing around. So, needless to say, we did not do much this weekend except lay around the house in our PJ's, watch footbal, and play with all of Jett's fun new birthday toys. He is getting so silly. Now that he has perfected the whole walking thing, my mom and I taught him to jump on Friday night. It was SO funny! He also loves for me to read to him. He likes to turn the pages and touch the books with different textures. Every night before bed we rock and read a few books. My favorite one is Are you my mommy? Jett likes it too. Here are some pictures of him the other night at bedtime.















Last night after his bath I put Jett's little camo sweatsuit on him, and as I was brushing his "Jett Dirt mullet"(quote from Bobby), I noticed that if he had his little Billy Bob binky, he would look like a little redneck baby. So I had to go grab it. These pictures are so wrong, but aren't they hilarious?!?


















Notice how Jett knows to put the blue circle in the blue round hole in his toy? What a smarty pants! I am off to bed now. Have a great week!

No comments: