Monday, November 26, 2007

So much to be Thankful for.....

I can't believe that last Thursday was Jett's second Thanksgiving. He is definately what I am most thankful for in my life! It is so hard for me to imagine my life without him in it. I was thinking the other day about how lucky he is to have SO many people that love him and think the whole world revolves around him like they do. Can't hurt his ego later in life either! I am getting a little concerned about his fear of unfamiliar people. He has the whole "stranger danger" thing down pat. For example, I changed Pediatrician's (good decision, love the new one!)and he screamed his head off when the Dr. walked into the office and said "Hi Jett". Jett, who was playing with the wall puzzle and having a great time, dropped to his knees and crawled as fast as he could to me and had a death grip on my shirt while screaming loud enough for everyone in the office to hear. Lovely! It didn't take him long to calm down enough to eventually let the Dr. check him out. He is a whole 21 lbs and 28 inches long. That ranks him in the 10th-20th percentile in everything.
He had no hope of being a large boy with me as a mom and Bobby as a dad. Here is a picture of him at the Dr.'s office (before the Dr. arrived).





















Monday it was nice outside, so Jett and I played for a long time in his new wagon. He LOVES it! I think he likes that he can see me pulling him, rather than in the stroller where I am behind him and he can't see me.





















Thursday we had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Nenals, and Jett had a great time playing with his new remote control car that our friend Raquel got him for his birthday. After dinner, Jett started acting funny, and wasn't playing and laughing like he normally does, and within a few hours was running a fever. I am not sure what was causing this, but it lasted until Sunday, and he has started having some rattling in his chest when breathing, so I am praying that he doesn't get sick! The Dr. was just praising us for going a whole year with no antibiotics or Dr. visits other than routine check-ups. Here are some pictures of my little turkey in his Gobble Gobble shirt. I also included one of Jett learning to blow kisses....too cute!

















This week Amy and I are planning on taking Jett and Abby to visit Santa Clause. I can't wait, but I am hoping that the stranger with the hairy face doesn't freak Jett out! I hope everyone has a great week and I am including a few pictures of Jett in his OU outfit. Go Sooners!!! And Hooray to our Razorbacks who won on Friday night!!!!

No comments: