Sunday, November 11, 2007

Less than 1 week away from the BIG day!

As of today, we are officially less than one week away from Jett's first birthday.It doesn't seem possible that a year ago we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our perfect baby boy. Today actually marked the anniversary of my original due date, Jett was just not quite ready to come out and meet everyone yet. He has been so much fun and it is hard to imagine life without him. He is still a little guy. This week I had 2 people ask me if he was around 9 months old. I also had one lady say to me "I bet a lot of people mistake him for a girl because he is so pretty." He does have some killer eyelashes. What he doesn't have in height, he definately makes up for in personality. This weekend I was rinsing out his breakfast dish and I heard a splashing behind me. I turned around to find Jett splashing around in Tiffany's water bowl. There was water everywhere, but I had to grab my camera because it was so funny.















Saturday we just hung around the house and didn't do anything too exciting. Bobby worked in the yard and Jett and I played ball and played in the leaves. Jett decided to touch some flowers that were in a concrete planter out by the street and lost his balance and slipped, knocking his cheek into the side of it. Now he has a big bruise on his cheek...poor guy. I won't have to worry about it being there for his 1 year pictures though because I obviously am an ammatuer at this whole having a baby around the holidays thing. I called about having his cake made and the cake lady was booked solid for the rest of the year due to the holidays, and the same thing with his 1 year pictures. The photographer was booked until after Christmas. I have definately learned what not to do next year! Here are some random shots from Saturday.
















Jett has also learned piggy back in Korean. It sounds something like "Abuh-bah". He will climb on Bobby's back and say "Abuh-bah" and Bobby will get up and run around the room with Jett on his back. When he stops, Jett will immediatly say "Abuh-bah", and they do this again and again and again. It is so cute. Jett still loves to play with Tiffany. I love getting cute shots of them together. I think Tiffany will like him a little more when he is able to chase her around and play ball with her. He is getting really close to being at that point now. He is walking much better each day that passes. He takes about 5 or 6 steps at a time now, and can stand up on his own without holding on to anything. Tonight I took some pictures of him playing in his daddy's ties. What a ham!

























And one funny story to end our weekend recap. Bobby's mom knits really well, and I have had her make me several pairs of slippers. I think they are really cute and cozy to wear around the house. I mentioned to Bobby a few weeks ago that I wanted her to make me a few more pairs, and maybe Jett a few too. Then on Tuesday, Bobby got home with Jett and I was in the back of the house. He came back to the bedroom and I asked him where Jett was and he told me that he was asleep in his car seat, and then proceeded to tell me that his mom yelled at him because he didn't put socks on Jett that morning, and it was cold so she had to make him some. I told him that was OK because I had been wanting her to make him some anyways. Bobby said "No, really, come look at them." This is what I found when I got into the kitchen.















I started laughing so hard my stomach hurt. They were the cutest little lavender slippers, but I am thinking that they may need to be handed down to baby Abby. I went the next night and bought green, blue, black and white yarn so that she could make him some more "manly" socks. Have a great week and I hope to see you all at his party on Saturday. Oh yeah! I almost forgot one of the biggest highlights of the weekend....my friend Amy and I are now the proud owners of 2 Bon Jovi tickets!!! The concert isn't until April, but tickets went on sale Saturday and we are SO excited!!!

No comments: