Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ice Ice Baby.....

Let me just start this post with an apology to everyone who is upset about me not posting pictures of Jett this past week. With that being said, I would also like to explain that the reason for no post last week is the horriffic ice storm we had. Our power went out last Sunday around noon, so we decided to do some Christmas shopping and go out to eat dinner, hoping that by the time we got home it would be back on, and it was.....for about 5 hours. The next time our power went off, it was out for 4 days. We had no power until late Thursday evening. My mom had taken off work Mon. thru Thurs. because I had to go out of town for work so she and Jett were going to go with me. That didn't happen. Jett and I ended up taking our suitcases and heading off to Owasso for a few days. My mom also did not have power, but she does have a wood burning fireplace so although it was dark, it was warm. We have 2 fireplaces in our home and couldn't use either one of them...URGH!!! Jett got to spend a lot of quality time with Gramma and Nenal so he had a good week overall. Here are some pictures I snapped this week in the dark (with the flash it looks light, but trust me, it wasn't).















Before all of the madness last week, Jett and I were able to squeeze in a few hours with Amy and Abby at their house. I was anxious to see how Jett would react to the Christmas tree so that I could make a final decision about whether or not to have Bobby put ours up. He immediately went for the ornaments (AKA "bah's"), and started pulling them off. By the time we left, there was a huge bare circle around the whole perimeter of her tree. My decision was then made, no tree this year. Jett also loved snuggling with Abby and chasing around Clara, their dog. Notice in one of the pictures below, Steve is having to hold Clara back so that she doesn't snip at Jett's rudolph slippers.


























Also last weekend we started and finished our Christmas shopping, and got Jett's hair cut for the first time. He was a perfect little angel throughout the whole thing because he fell asleep. I could't believe he slept through the entire haircut. I was even more shocked that he let our hairstylist pick him up and carry him around the salon. WOW! We are making progress. He was tuckered out by the end of the day and he fell asleep while riding on Bobby's shoulders at the mall. How sweet is he?!?!


















That's about all I have time for tonight, as I need to go pack (again) for my trip out of town tomorrow. I am going to post a few more pictures of Jett doing some new tricks. He has learned to clap at himself and say "YAY" when he does something cute, or really anything at all, and he has learned to shake his finger "no,no" at your when he knows he is doing something that he isn't supposed to be doing. My mom taught him this last week while made constant attempts to play with the rocks in her coffee table centerpiece. I also included a picture of Bobby and I at the bank's Christmas Party Saturday night. This is only the second time since Jett has been born that we have dressed up and gone somehere without him. We sure did miss him! It seems so strange not having him with us. Hope you have a wonderful week!



No comments: