Monday, April 20, 2009

The Boy King??

Last week we traveled to Dallas for a few days to visit family, shop, eat, and visit the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art. Although there wasn't quite as much as I anticipated, it was a great display and pretty fascinating. I'm not sure how much longer it is going to be there, but I highly recommend going if anyone is interested. At the end of the exhibit there was a gift shop with little hats that looked like the head piece that King Tutankhamen wore. My mom put it on Jett, and I thought it was pretty appropriate since Jett thinks he is the "Boy King", and we treat him as such. I was so frustrated because I got all the way to Dallas and realized my camera battery was dead. Urgh! So, no pictures from this trip, but maybe next time. Earlier this week Jett enjoyed breaking out the new bubble mower that my mom got him for Easter. He has mowed our entire house, and every yard in our culdesac. You might notice on some of the pictures that he mower leaves a stream of bubble liquid along the carpet. I think this is definitely more of an outside toy!




I have to brag on Jett (as if I am not one of those obnoxious mommy's that does that all of the time), but he has been peeing on the potty several times a day now. I am sure he will love me later for blogging about this, but I want to remember these milestones! Since I didn't get many pictures last week, I was sure to have my camera in tow today when we met Shanna and Addison at the park for a play date.
These two had so much fun together, and I really like him interacting with other kids since he isn't around them on a day to day basis. He is really getting social and brave (as well as still being the funniest kid on the planet). He is speaking more and more Korean, which is interesting to me, but it is so cute to hear. Although, he is also picking up a bit of my mother-in-law's broken English accent, but it always makes me laugh. So cute!! Here are the park pic's.









Everyone keep your fingers crossed that we come close to our goal time at the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon next weekend! I am hoping my knees and ankles hold up for the whole race, as they have been giving me problems lately. I hope to report good news next week.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Those pictures of him mowing the house are so cute! Tayson has that same mower but I only let him put the bubbles in it when we are outside because, you are right, it leaves a little mess behind! Aren't you guys loving this weather??