Thursday, August 6, 2009

Social Butterfly

This past week has been so busy (as you will be able to see by the pic's) that I haven't had a chance to sit down and blog about what's been going on around here until Thursday, which means that in just a few more days it will be time to do it again. Sheesh! Time has been slipping away from me so fast lately. Now that Jett is getting older, the days and weeks are just flying by so quickly. It really makes me sad because I feel like he is growing up so fast and I wish there was a pause or rewind button sometimes so that we can enjoy him at this stage just a little big longer. He is old enough now to really enjoy playing with kids around his age, and luckily I have several good friends with little ones that are eager and willing to meet up for play dates! I am so glad to see Jett be social. I have always been worried about that because he is so attached to me, and he is not consistently around other children. Last week we met up with my good friend Shanna and her family at the splash pad for a play date with Reid. The boys were so cute to watch, and are both so well behaved and easy to handle!




Later on in the week we met several more of my friends back at the splash pad (what can I say? It's nice and new and we love it!) to celebrate Shelby's 5th birthday. I attempted to make her pink cake balls that ended up being melted cake ball mush due to the scorching heat that day. Before melting they looked super cute though! Here are the kids playing. We had SO much fun!






Also new this week was a slip-n-slide! It took me demonstrating (yes, my husband took pic's...no, they won't be posted) before Jett got the hang of it. He still preferred running on it and swimming in his froggie pool though.



It's so hard for me to grasp that Jett will be 3 in just a few more months. He is still the funniest kid I have ever been around, and I am certain that he has the cutest voice I have ever heard:) He is getting so tall lately, but is still wearing a 2T perfectly. I am almost finished with his fall/winter wardrobe and it's a little depressing to buy 3T's:( He is wearing a size 7 shoe, and weighs a little over 30lbs. His obsession is still Thomas the Train, and everything still has to be "green like Percy". He has also become obsessed with hamburgers, and I am not sure where that one came from. We are still working on the potty training. He will go several days without accidents if we take him continually to the potty, but he won't tell us when he needs to go a lot of the time. He is way to busy for potty breaks! I have been rewarding him with Percy stickers, which he loves, but I end up finding them in very unique places around the house and on his body in the morning when I go in to get him out of bed. We are basically still crazy in love with him and can't get enough of his sweet hugs and kisses. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week (or what's left of it)!

No comments: