Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HUGE (and busy) Weekend!

We have been SO busy that this is the first opportunity I have had to sit down and update our blog. On Friday, Bobby, Jett, mom, nenal, Tiffany, and I took a road trip to Dallas to visit Aunt Susan and Uncle Terry. If you can picture it now, it was 4 adults, a baby, a large dog and all of our luggage and baby gear crammed into my little mid-sized ML320. Quite the site I am sure. We did have some humor though. Jett pooped his diaper about 2 hours into the trip so I decided to change him on my lap (I mastered that months ago). When I lifted him up, I noticed a nice little hard ball of poop on my lap. Yuck! I removed it with a tissue and tossed it out the window. Poor driver behind us. Tiffany had a great time though because Gramma let her lick her Blizzard cup clean. Bobby threw her in the pool while we were there too and she panicked and acted like she didn't know how to swim. Here are some funny pictures of my baby girl.


My aunt and uncle have 2 dogs, and my cousin Johanna and her roomate have 3 dogs that were all at Terry and Susan's house visiting. I had to take a picture of all of them waiting patiently for doggie balogna.

Saturday was a HUGE day for more than one reason. First of all, my best friend Jamie got married on June 4th in St. John. Her new in-laws threw a fantastic reception at their gorgeous home (seriously, it is about 40,000 square feet, that is 10 of my house)in The Woodlands Saturday evening. It was fun because Bobby and I got dressed up and had somewhat of a "date" night. This was the first time I have ever left Jett (other than work) since the day he was born. I had a hard time with it at first, but I knew that he was getting spoiled by his Gramma, Nenal, and Aunt Susan. And as soon as I saw Jamie and we started drinking Pina Coladas, I was great! Here are some pictures...


Sunday was an exciting day too because it was Bobby's first Father's Day.
I just love watching him talk to Jett, play with him, and interact with him. I just love them both so much. Here are some pictures that I got on Sunday of them together. I think Jett was getting tired from all of the craziness of the weekend.


That sums up our weekend but I have more exciting news. Zaida Ann Walls arrived on Tuesday morning around 3:00 in the morning. Her proud parents are Maegan and Brian Walls. Maegan and I grew up together like sisters, and we are SO excited for her. I will post pictures of that beautiful girl soon....

No comments: