Monday, June 4, 2007

What's with the tongue?

Well, it looks like Jett is either trying to get some teeth, or he has just discovered that he has a tongue. All day on Saturday he had his tongue sticking out and it was the most hiliarious thing. Bobby finally started grabbing it and he would pull it back in his mouth, and then the next thing we knew, it was back out again. It made for a good photo op though.





I sometimes get so sad when I think about how big Jett is getting so fast. The other night I went to peek in at him before I went to bed and I couldn't resist getting him out of his bed, sitting in his glider, and rocking him for about 30 minutes. Crazy I know, but before long, he will be too big for me to hold in my lap so I want to take advantage of every second. Jett loves his woobies (aka blankets). My friend Neena gave me one after he was born and at about 4 months, he really got attached to it. Needless to say, now we have about 4 back up woobies and last weekend my grandma (Nenal) bought him a giant puppy woobie that he loves to cuddle with.



There have been a few funny things happen in the past week. First off, I am still nursing as much as possible, so I pump at work, store the milk in the freezer in the breakroom, and then before I leave at night, I throw it in my purse until I get home, and then I transfer it into our ice box. Well, last Friday was a crazy day and it wasn't until late Friday night when I was digging for my cell phone in my purse that I realized....there it was......completely thawed out, lukewarm breastmilk. My heart sunk and I started doing the "Do I go ahead and feed it to him" vs the "You have to throw it away or he could get sick" thing in my head. Of course, I threw it out, but man it was hard! That is a lot of work to just throw away! The second funny thing happened on Saturday while we were at the store. We were buying baby food and noticed that Gerber makes freeze dried pineapples, bananas, and strawberries for toddlers. Bobby asked me if it was the same type of strawberries that they put in the Special K that we eat, and I told him it probably was. So he decides that we need to buy some so that we can go home and try it on our cereal. Before we ever got home, we ate almost the whole pack in the car! It was pretty funny. By the way, I never know fruit could get stuck in your teeth, but apparently this type can.
On Sunday, we had SO much fun meeting my friend Amy, her mom Glenda, her cousin Jessica, Aunt Debbie, and little cousin Jaden for dinner at the Riverwalk. It was SO great to spend time with them and we hope to see them again really soon. We also took a few pictures at the house before we left.



No comments: