Sunday, August 19, 2007

Christian Jett is 9 Months Old!

Can you believe it?!? Jett is 9 months old as of last Friday. I almost broke down several times last week just thinking about the fact that in a few months it will be time to start planning a big 1 year birthday party. Where does the time go? Bobby and I were talking this weekend about how fast the past 9 months have gone by. It is hard for me to imagine that a year ago I was just starting to decorate his room and choose what outfit he would be wearing home from the hospital. Those times were so precious, but every day with him just gets better and better. He is the most entertaining kid to watch because as my mom puts it, he is a "thinking man". You can almost see the wheels just turning is his head. He LOVES Tiffany and she is the first thing he looks for when I get him out of bed in the morning. He plays on he floor by her, and she lets him tug at her ears and pull up on her. Here are some cute pictures I took of them playing the other morning.
















Saturday was mine and Bobby's 3 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated our wedding day by going to a friend's wedding. My mom, grandma, and aunt tried to convince me that Jett did not really want to attend the wedding, that he really wanted to stay with them. You know me, I couldn't leave him, so he went with us to the wedding. Bad idea. Things were going well until he got bored while waiting for the wedding to start. My friend Mendy gave him her keys and that pacified him for a while until he dropped them, and by the time Bobby crawled under the chair to get them, he was already starting to get mad. I had Bobby take him out to the car for a minute while he stopped fussing, and before I knew it, here they came and Jett was sucking on a bottle, but I noticed it was not milk. I asked Bobby what he was drinking and he said "whatever you had in your cup in the car". Well, it was sweet tea. Not a good thing. I took the bottle away from him because all I could think about was rotted out, stained teeth, and the fact that he would probably never fall asleep that night.
That just made him even more angry, so needless to say, we missed most of the wedding. Next time maybe I will listen to my mom, grandma, and aunt. Here are some pictures we took at the house before the wedding. Notice Jett is really into pulling up on things now.


Today was pretty uneventful. We went out to eat this afternoon and for a walk this evening. It was nice for us all to spend the day together without a list a mile long of things to do. My aunt and uncle headed back to Plano today, but they brought Jett a really neat book. A friend of my aunt and uncle's wrote it and then another friend's son illustrated it. The book is called Flu at the Zoo. I read to Jett a lot because I want him to enjoy reading as much as I do. Here are some pictures of him with his new book.

No comments: