Monday, August 6, 2007

Really bad, really busy week......

I am a little late posting this week, as it has been a really long, not so good one.
The week started off ok and then went downhill from there. I had some major stresses at work this week, and then just as that seemed to be getting better, it was time to do a 5K run Friday night, a Volleyball Tournament on Saturday, a hair appointment Saturday afternoon, and a baby shower on Sunday. I was also supposed to go by OBI and give blood, but that didn't happen. This may have been much easier to deal with, but Jett has decided lately that he only wants his mommy. I love the fact that he is so attached to me, but it was extremely hard for me to do things knowing that he might be fussing or crying for me and I wasn't there to hold him. Thanks to my friend Danielle Friday night, I was able to run the 5K. He cried at first, but then she began walking around with him and he got distracted by the music and calmed down. As soon as I saw her thumbs up sign, me and my friend Shanna took off for our run (3 minutes behind everyone else....oh well). We had a great time and the kiddo's looked so cute in the little shirts we made for them. Here are some pictures from the walk/run.





On Saturday morning I had to be up bright and early for our Volleyball Tournament. We arrived at 7:30am only to discover that we weren't scheduled to play until 10:00. Luckily, our coach was kind enough to buy everyone breakfast and we all had a great time hanging out in the tent chatting until time to play. After the game was over I rushed home so that Bobby, Tiffany, and I could go for a jog (Jett was with his gramma and Nenal) and then showered and headed to Owasso for our hair appointment.
From there we picked up Jett, headed back to Tulsa to eat, which was a nightmare because I think everyone in the United States is in Tulsa right now for the PGA, and then we went to the mall for some tax free shopping.
Jett was in a great mood.....as long as mommy was holding him. He wouldn't even go to Bobby very easily in the mall, which made me feel bad because Bobby was wanting to carry him. Yes, I said carry. We don't make him ride in his stroller. We are SO bad. We take the stroller for the sole purpose of transporting our purchases.
On Sunday I helped host a shower for my great friend Neena, who is one of the best, cutest, sweetest people I have ever met. I felt horrible though because, once again, Jett was demanding all of my attention and I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. Hopefully we can make up for it when baby boy Coloney arrives. Also at the shower was my friend Emily that I used to work with and her baby Caleb. I had been dying to see them, and Emily looked super cute as always. Caleb is SUCH a little heartbreaker. Or, more accurately, a big heartbreaker. He makes Jett look like a shrimp. I was laughing because Caleb had on shorts and they actually looked like shorts on him rather than walking shorts, or "clam diggers" as my family usedto call them. My friend Tricia was there also with 2 of her gorgeous little girls Emma and Brianna. Emma was quite the little momma to Jett. She loves baby Jett and always wants to hold "her". Here are some pic's.


Finally, it is Monday and things are looking up this week. Today started of good at work and I am thrilled to have tomorrow and Wednesday off to spend with Jett. It is also my best friend's birthday on Wednesday so we are going to have dinner. Less than 2 months before baby Abby's arrival date and I am counting down. Maybe by then Jett will be more social. I took some cute pictures of him tonight playing with his squash (before I mashed and blended it for him) and sharing his puffs with Tiffany. Also included is a picture of Tiffany attempting to snatch a puff from on top of the stove while I was taking pictures of Jett. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I know I will since I will have 2 days full of Jett and mommy time. He may never let go of me after 2 extra days of spoiling. It is a good thing I love having him next to me at all times. What a sweet, sweet momma's boy! He makes all of my bad days better.


No comments: