Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This boy is getting mobile!

You may have noticed that it is now Wednesday and I am just now getting around to updating our blog. It has been an extremely hectic week at work, resulting in long hours and late nights, many of which involved Jett being with me at the office in the evenings. Lucky for me, all of my wonderful co-workers and friends are thrilled to entertain him and pass him around while I get things done. Of course, Jett enjoys all of the attention so this works well for him. However, Jett has become quite mobile and wants to crawl around and pull himself up on everything. I have to make sure that all of the paperclips and staples are picked up off of the floor before I put him down because, no doubt, he will put them directly into his mouth. Now that he is Mr. Independent, he does NOT like for you to change his diaper or dress him. My mother-in-law was trying to change a dirty diaper last week and before she could reach for the diaper wipe, Jett had flipped over and took off down the hallway....dirty rear-end and all. She had quite the mess and had to pick him up, take him to the bathroom, and hose him off. Good times! Here is Jett running from me (or to me) Saturday morning after his bath. How cute is he?!?!?!?














I think along with mobility came the urge to check out every nook and cranny in our house and every object in it. This weekend alone he found tissues, toothepaste, and my Yankee Candle plug-ins. He has also decided that he really likes to pull himself up to stand on things and walk to us while we hold his fingers. This has become one very busy little guy. (In the tissue pictures below, he was sleepy and rubbing his eyes, not crying.)


















We went to my mother-in-law's on Sunday so Bobby could work on their garbage disposal, and Jett was not quite sure what to think about his harmonee's pepper plant. I had to move him away from it when he started trying to eat them. Bobby's mom loves to garden and she has about every kind of fruit, vegetable, and flower you can imagine. Her yard is gorgeous and I keep hoping that her gardening skills will rub off on me, and so far....not happening. Here are some pictures from our visit on Sunday, and one of him at the house Sunday evening.



After we left Bobby's parents on Sunday we went to the Cheesecake Factory to eat dinner. We arrived at approximately 4:00 PM and there was an hour wait. We decided that what the heck, it would be worth it, so we waited. OK, so actually, Bobby waited. Jett and I walked over to the mall to do a little shopping for an hour :) Just as we were leaving Gymboree, Bobby called and said that our table was ready so we headed back across the street. (Side note: When we got back to the restaurant, Jett's diaper was soaking wet so I went to the bathroom to change him, only to discover that they don't have a changing station in the ladies room. How crazy is that?) The food was amazing and I was impressed with the fact that they brought Jett a baby plate of bread and bananas. We also let him taste our yummy chocolate peanut butter cookie dough cheesecake so that we could get this adorable picture of him with chocolate all over his mouth. Here are some pic's of him at dinner. (FYI: We did not leave the restaurant until after 6:30. It took us longer to eat there than at The Melting Pot, but SO worth it).


I hope everyone has a great week, and all of you who were patiently awaiting new pic's, I will try to do better next week!

No comments: