Monday, August 13, 2007

Fun week ending with a sick, sick family.....

Last week started off so good. On Tuesday, Bobby and I took Jett swimming for the first time. He loves the water, so I was anxious to see how he would do. He loved it. He loves to "splash, splash" and does it on command since we have tought him to "splash, splash" in the bathtub. He could have stayed in the pool and played for hours, but Bobby and I were getting tired and hot, so we headed home for a fun- filled evening (which would lead to more fun-filled evenings) of re-arranging furniture. You know, when you decide to move big, heavy furniture from upstairs downstairs, and then hate the way it looks, so you move it all back to the way it was to begin with a few days later. Not so much fun. After the swimming and hours of moving furniture that weighs about a thousand pounds more than I do, I was exhausted and not feeling so hot. Here are several pictures we snapped from the more exciting part of our afternoon on Tuesday. Isn't he just the cutest thing you have ever seen?!?!?!?!? What a happy boy!








Jett has really mastered the technique of crawling and is pretty fast. I have to really keep my eyes on him because he is fascinated with the toilet...of all things.
He also has decided that his toys are not near as much fun as daddy's toy (the remote control), mommy's toy (the telephone), or other fun objects in the kitchen.
He is also trying to pull up on things now (especially me). He never really had an interest in pulling up before, but now he has decided that since he is mobile, it might be fun to stand. He tries to stand up while he is crawling and we just laugh at him. He will push himself up onto his tippy-toes while crawling, extend his legs out as far as possible, and lift one hand off of the ground, wanting so badly for the other hand to come up also so that he could be upright. Probably not for a while, but his attempts are cute! Here are some shots we got just playing around throughout the week.


















Jett and I got to have dinner with our friend Amy on Wednesday for her birthday, and although he was feeling a little under the weather, we had a great time and enjoyed her company. Over the weekend, we went to Utica and shopped a little, and then I was at the PGA on Sunday. It is kind of funny in our family because I am the one who loves sports and being outside (not that I understand all of the rules, I just like being in the middle of it all and just watching...it's more of a social thing for me :). My hubby on the other hand, could care less unless it involves speed or adrenaline (or the Steelers). He actually had VIP dinner passes for Thursday night and gave them to one of his employees. Is he nuts or what!?!?!?! Here is a cute picture of Jett playing with my lanyard from the tournament (and a few of daddy feeding him watermelon for the first time...on the carpet, ugh...)



I don't have many other fun things to tell right now, as my whole family has fallen ill. I don't know what in the world we have caught, but all 2 of us have a horrible bug. We have been so lucky to make it almost 9 months without Jett being sick at all. Pray that we recover from this junk and have a great week!!

No comments: