Sunday, July 29, 2007

Busy week ending with 5 shots

This was a really busy week for us, and it doesn't look like this week is going to be any better. On Monday's and Wednesday's I have volunteered to play volleyball in a competitive league for the bank, which is pretty scary considering that I had never touched a volleyball until a few Monday's ago. Tuesday I had a dental appointment, Thursday I had a million errands to run since the rest of my week was so busy, and Friday Jett had a Dr.s appointment. His appointment was at 9:00 so I got up and around early thinking that if I got there early, he could see the Dr. early, and I wouldn't be so late to work. Wrong. I left the house at 8:30 in Bobby's brand new car, and headed off to Jenks. While trying to figure out which entrance to take into the Dr.'s office, I merged into the right lane directly into the truck beside me (actually, the bumper of Bobby's car hit the truck's tire). YIKES! Jett was fine and there was no damage to the truck, but the rubber from his tire was all over the front of Bobby's car. He was a really nice, funny guy, and when I told him my husband was going to kill me for scuffing up his new car, he told me to just run to the power was and it should come right off. Sounded like a plan to me. We went on to the Dr. after this, and he got right in to the office. However, they couldn't find Jett's shot records, so we waited what seemed like forever for them to get everything posted and updated. Jett was really happy and in a great mood until he finally got tired and fell asleep. Jett weighed in at 17.03lbs and is now 27 inches long. He is in the 25th percentile of everything. We figured he would not be a large boy having us as parents. Ha! Here is is cheesing it up for the camera at the Dr.s office.
He actually slept right through the first shot, and then woke up crying on the next one. He got a total of 5 and was not a happy camper. Bobby's mom even called Bobby Friday afternoon because he was so fussy. She was freaked out because that is so unlike Jett, who is usually such a happy little guy. (By the way, I tried to power wash the car after the appointment, and FYI: power washing does not remove rubber. Bobby and I were able to buff it off after I got home. Now is looks perfect, Thank God!) Jett and Bobby have been playing together a lot now that he is getting bigger and more interactive. The other morning Bobby decided to entertain him with the lint roller. He snapped this funny picture of Jett with the lint roller stuck to the top of his head, and some other cute ones of him and Tiffany. Here are a few.



Jett continued to run a fever over the weekend from his shots on Friday, so on Saturday morning in an attemt to cheer him up, I broke out the Gerber Peach Puffs. My mom got them for him a few weeks ago and he loves them. They are so puffy that they pretty much just dissolve in his mouth. The hardest part of feeding them to him was keeping Tiffany out of them. She stayed as close as possible hoping to snatch one before he could get to it. Eventually, Jett decided it would probably be easier to drink the peach puffs.



To bring the weekend to a close, Bobby and I decided that it would be fun to get our swimsuits on and take Jett to the lake. At least it sounded like a good idea. We got all ready and packed a bag and off we went, only to drive 45 minutes and discover that, due to high water, the beaches were closed. Duh. Not one of our brightest moments. Jett looked super cute in his big boy lizard swim trunks though. What a little hunk! Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: