Monday, July 2, 2007

Jett has a tooth!!!!!

It only took 7 months, but Jett finally has his first tooth! On Sunday we were at Comp USA and Bobby and I were playing peek-a-boo around the isles with Jett (yes, everyone probably thinks we are nuts, but Jett loves it, so we do it) and as he laughed I noticed that his gums looked white so I told Bobby that I bet he would probably be getting a tooth soon. I stuck my finger in his mouth to feel around and sure enough, it was already poking through his gums. I could hardly believe it. I just assumed he hadn't started teething yet, as he is never fussy. Here is the best picture we could get of his new pearly white.

Also this weekend was my friend Amy's baby shower. Here is the kicker....her husband planned the whole thing and did a GREAT job! Who knew that a man could throw together a surprise baby shower in one week and pull it off?? Anyhow, we had a great time and it was so nice to see friends from high school that I haven't talked to in over 10 years. Here is a picture of a few of us gals. Amy is the one in the gray shirt and camo pants. Jett and I are waiting anxiously to love on baby Abby.

Here are some other random pictures of Jett from this weekend. I think I am losing my model though. He is getting SO busy and doesn't stay still for very long so many of the pictures are blurry. He is just the most precious, perfect thing though. Just during the past week or so he has started to throw little tantrums, and even that is cute. I am sure it won't be cure anymore when he is 3 and in the middle of a department store, but right now we just laugh at him. We have also started feeding him "real" food lately and he loves it! Banana's, mashed potatos, strawberries, etc...he loves it all. I have also been making him baby food from scratch....yes, you heard me right, from scratch. Bobby's mom has a garden, so she gives us veggies that are free from pesticides that I have been pureeing for Jett.
He loves them.


Tonight when I got home from work, it was gorgeous and sunny so Jett and I went for out nightly jog and just as we were nearing our house, it started pouring down rain.
By the time we got home we both looked like drowned rats. I had to take a picture of us because we looked so funny. I had 3 neighbors stop and ask if we needed ride, and I even had Tiffany with us and she was soaking wet too, so they must have felt really bad for us!

I also noticed that I hadn't posted any pictures of Jett's nursery on our blog, so here it is. I just love his room. So cute.


Well, better go...I have to ice brownies for work tomorrow. I promised one of the girls that I would make brownies if she would bring me cake balls. Also, congratulations to me.....I just found out today that I was promoted to Assistant Vice President! I was shocked, but really excited.

No comments: