Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day last Thursday. I found Jett the cutest little shirt at Target not long after Christmas and I couldn't wait to put it on him. Valentine's Day is such a big day around our house because it is the first "holiday" that Bobby and I had together after we started dating, it is the day we got engaged, and also the day I got the gift that will forever keep on giving...Jett (he was born November 17th, I will let you do the math). I consider myself a very lucky girl because Bobby has got the be the king of gift giving. I think I can remember every gift he has ever given me for Valentine's Day because they have all been so great! He didn't let me down this year. He surprised me with a new Chloe Handbag and a new cell phone. I should have known something was up when he wanted me to check out the Neiman Marcus website about 3 weeks ago to see if I liked the design and then never mentioned it again. Sneaky, Sneaky. What a guy! For those of you who haven't known us long, Bobby loves to shop and spend money, and I am a tight wad and stash money away (must be the inner banker in me). I am saying this because I am going to take you back a few years to show what a great guy Bobby really is. Here goes.....
We are in New York City 2005. We have been shopping like crazy all day on 5th Avenue and arrive at SAKS. We browse around and I find the most fabulous (not to mention ridiculously expensive) Salvatore Ferragamo handbag I have ever seen. I continue to shop around and always end up back at the same handbag.

Bobby: Babe, do you want that purse?
Amber: No way. There is NO way I am paying that much for a handbag. Besides, I already have several nice ones.
Bobby: Yeah, but you really like this one. Just get it. If you don't, you will wish you had later.
Amber: No. I don't need it. It sure is pretty though.
Bobby: Are you SURE you don't want it?
Amber: Yes, I'm sure
Bobby: Are you really, really sure?
Amber: I am sure. It is insane to spend that much money on a purse.

We leave SAKS and head for the car. We drive for about 20 minutes and I start thinking about how Bobby has just purchased 2 pairs of Ferragamo shoes AND a pair of Prada shoes along with several other things, and I all have bought were a few items for the house from Crate and Barrell (on sale of course), as I am always trying to be the more reasonable one of the two of us. I start crying.

Bobby: What is wrong?
Amber: Nothing
Bobby: Something is wrong, you are crying
Amber: It's just that I try so hard to be rational and responsible and I feel like I always end up doing without things that I really want to justify your spending.

Bobby turns the car around, drives another hour (we only had about 15 miles to go but that takes forever in NYC traffic) through Manhattan in 5:00 traffic with cars cutting him off and honking at him, he pulls up to the front of SAKS and parks illegally, leaves the car running with me crying inside, goes in and purchases me the handbag. See.....this is why he is such a great Valentine/hubby/"baby daddy". It is funny now, but he did NOT think it was funny at the time.

Now, 3 years later, he is just as great and we are so blessed to have Jett in our lives to share Valentine's Day with! It seems like Bobby and I are always talking about how much we love him, and how much greater our lives are since he has arrived. It is just wild how obsessed we are with him. Jett also has a special Valentine this year and her name is Abby! We are also very thankful that we have the Coatney's in our lives. We just adore Abby and think she is the most precious little girl in the world, and they adore Jett just as much. Amy and I dressed them in their cute Valentine's Day attire and tried to get a few shots of them together the other night, and this is what we came up with. What a cute couple!



On Valentines Day, I treated Jett to a special Valentine's Day cupcake. He loved it!
Here are a few shots of him indulging.
















Jett also loves to share with Tiffany. Everything we give him, he takes a bite and then gives Tiffany a bite. Here is a funny picture I took the other night of Tiffany trying to steal Jett's graham cracker from him. I promise, her teeth have never hurt him! Please do not call child protective services. She is very gentle with him.








I hope everyone has a great week! We are looking forward to attending next weekend's big Oscar Party with my mom. The theme food this year is home cookin' so I am trying to come up with something interesting to make.

2 comments:

RachelM said...

What a sweet hubby! You know you really want something when you leave the store and you're still obsessing over it!! I do that way too much!
Our boys are definitely the best Valentine's ever! It was so much more special this year with McCoy around!

Marisa said...

Awww...Look! Jett really needs a little brother or sister! He'll make such a good big brother!
And yes...I have really enjoyed being pregnant, but I'm just ready for this last month to be over with so that he will finally be here with us!!