Sunday, February 3, 2008

No more mullett

The time finally came this weekend for me to suck it up and finally let Jett have his first big boy haircut. I have dreaded this day for a long time because I couldn't bring myself to cut off those beautiful little red curls. I have been agonizing about it since I made the appointment several weeks ago. My little baby is getting so big, and it is happening entirely too fast. Here is a picture of him and Tiffany looking out the window one night last week after his bath. Notice the pre-haircut "Jett Dirt mullett" as Bobby called it.




















At the the salon, we had to distract Jett by giving him french fries while Missa used the sheers. To my surprise, he was a perfect little angel and did not even flinch. I think everyone was pretty shocked. I think it might have had something to do with the fry distraction technique. Whatever works! Doesn't he look cute in his smock?














And finally, the new big boy hair cut! Sniff, Sniff...I must say it does look super cute. What a handsome guy! Bobby said to me this morning "He looks so cute with his haircut....maybe people will stop telling me what a gorgeous little girl I have now". As sad as it was to cut off those curls, it was worth it. What a cutie!
























Jett was doing so well with his vocabulary for a while. We were able to understand duck, quack, bottle, juice, Tiff, daddy, momma, Nenal, see, this, that, ball, Papa, and several others. After talking to several people before he was born about doing baby sign language, we opted not too. However, Jett has gotten spoiled recently to us giving him whatever he wants without making him attempt to say the word. Now all he does is point and say "uuh, uuh". Urgh!!! We will try to make his say things, but he just continues to point and grunt. I guess we should have done baby sign language, huh? Bobby's mom only speaks Korean to him and lets him watch Korean TV, so Bobby and I always joke than when he is jabbering (which he does quite often) that he is speaking Korean. Ha! He does know some Korean words, and he definately recognizes what Bobby and his mom are saying when they speak to him.

Jett LOVES to play. He loves for us to chase him, for him to chase us, for us to toss him on the bed, and he loves all of his toys that make noises or do something.
His favorite is still the lawn mower, but he also enjoys the new ball toy that Bobby brought home the other night for him. Here are some pictures from this week.

This is a cool new toy dad















I'm gonna get you Mommy














This bed is like a trampoline!
















Finally, tonight was the Super Bowl. Amy's husband is sick and my husband obligated himself to help one of his employees work on something, so Amy and I took the kids and went to one of her co-worker's house for a Super Bowl Party. It was great to see her and Abby, and Jett LOVED the other kids. I was so relieved because he has never been around any other children besides Abby. His pediatrician even suggested that I put him in a mother's day out program to get him used to socializing with other kids his age. I have hesitated though because I just hate the thought of leaving him. After tonight though, I definately think he would love being around other kids occassionally. Here's one last picture of Amy and me. Abby was sleeping, and Jett screeched and squealed when we tried to make him let loose of his mower, so we didn't get them in the picture with us.














One last thing! I found the most fabulous baby boutique in Tulsa this weekend. It is called gaga-a-gogo. I have passed it many times on the way to Utica and Yoga, but never had a chance to stop. I made a point to run by there Saturday morning and I am so glad that I did. If you have never been there, you must go!!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

You gotta let 'em grow up eventually (just not too fast!). He looks absolutely adorable with his "big boy" hair cut!

RachelM said...

He looks so cute with his new haircut! I love the mullet though!!