Sunday, February 10, 2008

T-Shirt and croc's in February?!?

Yep, that's what I said. It was so gorgeous outside on Monday that I put Jett in a play T-shirt and his croc's and we headed outdoors. For the past several months I have had to get up at the crack of dawn before he wakes up to go run because it is entirely to cold to have him outside for that length of time. Let me just say that I am SO looking forward to every day being like last Monday so he can enjoy the outdoors with me because he really likes being outside. I put him in his wagon and pulled him around the neighborhood, and you can tell by his cheesy grin that he had a great time!














It was also nice outside on Saturday so before we left the house to run around, I took Jett outside and let him toddle around in the front yard. We are on such a steep hill that it is pretty comical to watch him try to walk up and down the driveway and keep his balance. I had to finally make him hold my hand (which he hated...Mr. Independence!) so that he wouldn't fall over.
















Now it appears that it is going to be cold for a while again. As you can see from the following pictures, Jett is also OK with sitting on the chair in my room and looking out the window with Tiffany. These two crack me up! He loves her so much, although I am not sure that she always feels the same way about him. She does a great job at tolerating him though even though I know sometimes she would rather him leave her alone.

















I am still getting used to the big boy haircut. I have always like it, but it still makes me sad that he really looks like a toddler now. When I get sad thinking about how fast the past year has gone, it helps to think about how much fun and interactive Jett is now...and happy! He smiles and laughs all of the time, and the only time he fusses is when he is tired and wants to be held, which is fine with me because I love snuggling with him. I am getting a little nervous about the lack of discipline we have in our home. Jett doesn't like his stroller so we carry him everywhere, he doesn't like his high chair so we take turns eating while he eats from our laps, and he doesn't like to bathe alone so I let him take shower's with me. I know that we need to break him of his bad habits, but I know that he will cry and I hate that worse than anything. If anyone knows of a trick, let me know! Have a great week!

4 comments:

RachelM said...

This weather is absolutely crazy!
I love his leg warmers! They are the cutest!

Marisa said...

I just love the picture of him walking down the sidewalk towards you! So cute!! I've got to get some of those baby leggs!!

RachelM said...

I got McCoy's "loverboy" outfit at a little boutique in Fayetteville called Bella Jack's. They have the CUTEST clothes and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. It's incredibly dangerous for me to go in there.

Liz said...

Okay, now Jett is a little charmer. He seems so happy and I am sure he will continue to manipulate you with that SMILE, it is so adorable! No worries about the Independence thing, little boys will forever come back to their mommy!
Love ya Girl....Liz