Sunday, April 20, 2008

Christian Jett turned 17 months on the 17th!

Ok, so you know how I have to start this post, right? Duh....Bon Jovi in Oklahoma City Tuesday night!!!! After seven months of waiting, the big day was finally here last Tuesday night. As excited as I had been about the concert, I will have to admit that Tuesday morning I woke up with so much anxiety about it. I kept going through the "what if's" in my head. What if we have a wreck? What if we get hit by a drunk driver on the way home? What if something happens to Jett and I am in Oklahoma City? Before I had him, I don't think I ever agonized about stuff like that. Amy and I both were a little nervous because neither one of us have ever left the kids to do something like this before. They were in the capable hands of daddy's and grandma's though, so I am sure we were missing them more than they were missing us. I did call to check on Jett after Chris Daughtry played while we were waiting on Bon Jovi to perform, and Bobby said "He is doing good, he is crying for mommy though." NOT the right thing to say:) I should have coached my hubby on how to not to answer my questions huh? Here are some pictures we took before we left for the concert, which was by far one of the best I have ever been to, and I have been to several.


















Amy and I had such an amazing time. It has been so long since we have gone to a concert together. It was long before marriage or babies. Def Leppard to be exact. I think now we are planning to get tickets to Bret Michael's so celebrate Amy turning 30. She is as obsessed with him as I am with Jon Bon Jovi, so it should be fun!!
Thursday the 17th Jett turned 17 months old, sniff sniff. It was a rainy day, but I decided to take Jett outside and let him play in the rain puddles and mud with his shovel. I now understand why my mom used to be so particular about the difference between good clothes, and play clothes. With Jett, anytime we are going to be spending time outside, I definitely bring out the play clothes. The dirtier and muddier (I hope those are real words) he can get, the happier he is. This is what makes having a little boy so much fun!! He continues to melt my heart with his new words. This week's favorites have been stick, shovel, peek-a-boo, shovel, bear, and he has starting showing me where my ears, eyes, nose, toes, and belly are and he can name them all. Here are the pictures from the rainy day (some of them are in my neighbors yard, as it is much flatter than ours).

















On Saturday, Jett and I met my mom and some of the girls from her office at Utica Square for a Walk benefiting MS and then had lunch at Borders. It was a lot of fun, and Safari Joe's was there with several animals and a Jupiter Jump. I got some cute pictures of Jett petting the animals and a few of him with his balloon puppy that a clown made for him. I am so mad at myself right now because I accidentally deleted them from my camera....URGH!!!! I do most of the races throughout the summer and fall, so I am sure there will be more photo op's, but these were so cute. Oh well. I hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

RachelM said...

So glad to hear you had fun at the concert!
If Amy loves Bret Michaels, is she a fan of the Rock of Love?? That's the funniest show!
Happy 17 months to Jett! He's such a cutie!

Mandy said...

Jett is such a cutie!! I have to pull out play clothes for Tayson too because he loves to get dirty! I did the Race for the Cure here this weekend. It was a lot of fun!!

Glad you had a good time at Bon Jovi, I am envious of you getting to go!!

Marisa said...

I'm glad that Jett loves to play outside and get dirty! You much have so much fun too!
That picture of Tyler in baby legs is hilarious because he doesn't match at all! Green shirt, blue baby legs, and orange socks! My mom dressed him like that to see how Corey would react!

Mandy said...

Okay, I know this is stupid but I just re-read the title of this post and realized that the same thing happened for Tayson this month too! He turned 15 months on the 15th!! So cool!!!

Liz said...

Bon Jovi, how fun is that! You girls looked so cute and ready to hit the town. I don't think I would admit this to many but I am a big fan of Rock of Love, I love it!
I can't believe Jett is already 17 months, that is amazing! I love his curls, how adorable!!!