Sunday, April 6, 2008

Drama King?

This week has been absolutely crazy for us. We are normally very boring, laid back, uneventful people who go for walks, play on the floor, etc., but this week has been a busy, yet fun one. On top of that, Jett has mastered the technique of pouting to get whatever he wants. Bobby and I have been trying to stick to our guns when it comes to disciplining, but when he does the pathetic pouty thing, it is SO hard to be strong. Tuesday night was the only night last week we didn't have somewhere to be or something to do, so Jett, Tiffany and I played in his room for quite a while after Jett's bath. This was the scene:
Cheeeeeeeese!














Look mommy, I can stand on my head!















You can't catch me Tiffany....just try it.














Tiffany took my car. Give it back! Give it back!














See what I mean about the pathetic little pouty face...it melts my heart, seriously. He isn't even crying in that picture, it's just that face that kills me! I always give in when he does this, and usually give him a cookie or something on top of that. He has me all figured out. Here is one last picture of a much happier Jett with his robe and slippers.














Wednesday Jett and I did some shopping for new spring and summer clothes. He has done a lot of growing lately. He has always been in the 10th or 15th percentile in everything, and he has always worn the smaller size on the tags (example: if clothes are 6-12 months, they were big at 6 months and fit at 12 months) Now, I am buying 18 month clothes and they fit! Maybe he is catching up. He is up to 24 lbs now. WooHoo! I also had to do some major shoe shopping because he has outgrown all of his 3's and he needed some new shoes for his pictures on Saturday, for church, and to play in. I think we got everything taken care of, so he should be set for a while in clothes and shoes. Here is a funny picture of Jett sans footwear on Saturday morning playing in a mud puddle at the end of our culdesac. Fun!! He was covered in mud by the end of it, but that is what Shout is for, right?





















Thursday Jett and I got to meet our friends Emily and Caleb for a quick dinner and visit. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the two boys together, but the weather was so nasty and rainy that I totally forgot. Although I read Emily's blog weekly, it was so good to see them and see how much Caleb has grown. Caleb was doing a great job trying to say Jett, but when I pointed to Caleb and asked Jett who that was, he sat there for a second and then replied "baby". Close enough.
Friday night my friend Kim was in town from Rogersville, MO. so Jett and I met up with her at Starbucks for coffee. We love Aunt Kimmie so much and were SO glad to see her!! Afterwards we went to my other friend Liz's house to hang out for a while and didn't get home until around 11:00. Jett was so tired that he fell right to sleep and slept until 8:30! He never does this. He still usually wakes up 2 or 3 times throughout the night. Saturday morning I went out to the car to unload some things, and I sat Jett in the driver's seat. Next thing I knew, he had grabbed my coffee cup and was trying to drink it. This should be the new face for Starbucks...














Saturday afternoon we met Amy and Abby at the mall and had their pictures made. They turned out super cute so I will try to get them on here next weekend.
Today Jett and I headed to Owasso after church to visit my mom and grandma. Jett enjoyed playing outside and picking the "flowers" (weeds).















He also enjoyed eating "cook's and nana's" (Nilla wafers and banana's).















Also new this week is Jett has learned to yell "GO!", when you say "Ready....Set...."
It is really cute. He has also been doing "ssssssss" for snake and will say "pish" for fish. He continues to crack us up with his words. That's all for now, I hope everyone has a great week!!! Only 9 days until Bon Jovi in OKC!!!!

2 comments:

RachelM said...

You guys have been super busy!
I can't imagine what I'll do when McCoy starts the pouty face...I can see how hard it would be to say no!
Are Jett's walls blue? I love the color! So bright!
That is so funny that you bought that shirt! We just need to start going shopping together! However, McCoy has always been on the bigger side. He will be 6 mths on the 9th and he fits into his 6-12 month clothes from Gap really well. There is no way he will be wearing them at 12 months.
Ok, this is really long...
Hope yall have a good week!

Mandy said...

What a fun week! Tayson has recently started the pouty thing too!! When I tell him no or take something from him, he does a pouty face and slams his arms down by his side. It is soooo hard to see this!! I just wanna cry with him!

Tayson has always been on the bigger side! He already weighs 26 lbs and is 34 1/2 inches long!!