Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter fun, week 2

Although Easter was last Sunday, Jett was just not ready to put away the eggs yet.....or atleast Tiffany wasn't. Bobby and I bagged up all of the Easter eggs into two trash sacks and sat them by the kitchen door. Apparently Tiffany could smell that there had been chocolate inside those eggs and decided to tear open the sacks and proceed to scatter and destroy plastic Easter eggs all over our formal dining room floor. Oh Goodie! There is nothing like scrambling around trying to pick up itty bitty pieces of saliva covered plastic before your 16 month old puts them in his mouth. Fun! Jett thought so. He was excited to see the Easter eggs once again, nevermind that most of them could not be salvaged.














Well, as I had suspected, the Easter bunny visit was basically the whole Santa episode part II. Jett was actually excited about seeing the bunny and even touching his fur, but as soon as I leaned over to sit him on his lap, this is what the scene looked like.....not a pretty thing.





















I mentioned last week that my grandma bought Jett a really adorable Easter gift but I forgot to post a picture. Rather than bore you with a picture of the present by itself, I decided to have Jett pose next to it. Pictures are so much better with Jett in them!














Jett is getting SO active and loves to horse around and play rough. I just LOVE this because this is the exact reason we wanted a boy so bad. Bobby and I are both very active and love chasing him around, tickling him, etc. One of Jett's favorite things to do is jump around on the bed. I am sure the day will come (or not) when we will get on to him for this, but for now it is so fun to see him get excited and have so much fun. Here are some pictures from my little monkey the other night.

















On Thursday night Jett and I met Abby and Amy at the park for a walk. Amy and I have so much fun with these two angel babies! We both look back now and wonder how we ever had fun without them in our lives. Everything we do now is focused on them.
Here are the kiddo's at the park.























This weekend was my friends' daughter's senior prom. Jett and I stopped by Saturday evening to see Shelby in her beautiful gown. Jett really enjoyed playing peek-boo with the netting of her dress, and he was fascinated by their kitty, Tucker. He has never seen a cat before, but I explained to him that it was a kitty and for the rest of the evening he followed Tucker around saying "kitty, kitty". Too cute! This is Jett and the kitty, kitty, and a random picture of Shelby and I. Of course, Shelby is looking glamourous and Jett and I had just woke up from our afternoon nap.















My favorite thing that Jett is doing these days has got to be singing the name game.
OK, so to be more accurate, we sing "Jett, Jett bo bet, banana fanna fo fet, me my mo met" and then Jett says "Jett, Jett". I can't believe that 2 years ago Sunday, March 30, we found out we were pregnant with Jett. That is a day I will never forget. I stopped on the way to work and bought a test and it was positive. I didn't belive the test (I bought the cheaper one and I was convinced that the cheap ones aren't accurate..ha!) so I left work, ran by Walgreens and bought the "better" test that came 2 to a package (just to be sure) and they both were positive as well. I immediately woke Bobby up to tell him and I was so nervous because although we weren't surprised, I didn't know what to do next. I made an appointment with the Dr. that afternoon to have a 4th test (positive again) and Bobby and I went to dinner to celebrate! We have been celebrating ever since because this beatiful baby has brought so much happiness to our lives and to the lives of many others. We love him SO much!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mandy said...

Jett is adorable!! I love reading about what he is going through because with Tayson being a few months behind him, it shows me what is to come!!

Tayson loves Kitty's too!! Hopefully we can get the boys together to play sometime, I think they would have fun together. I will let you know when we come to the zoo!

RachelM said...

McCoy has those same pajamas...SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! It is so funny how most toddlers love cats. We have one and whenever my friends' older kids come over they are obsessed with him!! He's in for it when McCoy starts to crawl and walk!

Marisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.