Sunday, March 9, 2008

We have a climber...and a bowler!

Over the past few weeks, our brave little guy has decided that he wants to climb on everything. He is completely fearless! I can't take my eyes off of him for 1/2 of a second before he is climbing on something. Last week it was the chairs at Gymboree, this week it was his push toy, the dishwasher at my grandma's house, etc. It makes me a nervous wreck, as I am sure this stage of toddler-hood does every first time parent. Here are some pictures of him in action that I was able to take this week (most of them taken with one hand as the other was reaching out to catch him if he were to lunge forward). If you click the first picture to make it bigger, you can see the look of concentration on his face. Too funny!














Several weeks ago while at my grandma's house Jett found my grandpa's Billy Bass thing (I can't remember the real name of it) and he loves it! He loves for gramma to push the button and let him dance to the music.












Also new this week has been Jett feeding himself with utensils. OK, so most of the food ends up on the floor, on the chair, or smeared all over Jett's face, but you have to start somewhere. Here are some pictures of him eating spaghetti o's at Nenal's Friday night.













Although I have much anxiety these days over him getting hurt, Jett is SO much fun. Bobby said to me this morning "He is so cute, and so much fun, we should have had him 5 years ago". I would have to agree. What were we waiting for?!?!? We both love taking him places with us, and this particular weekend we met up with some friends to go bowling. I don't even remember the last time I went bowling, and it was obvious by my score (25...yikes! I really should have used the bumpers). Jett was overly excited about all of the "bah's" and wanted to check them all out. Bobby and I took turns letting him "help" us bowl. At one point, I bowled, Jett got excited and decided to chase the ball, I took off after him to catch him, and when our feet hit the freshly waxed wood of lane 12, we both slipped and fell and slid about what seemed like 10 feet on our backs. We were both fine, and everyone else got a good laugh.



Once again the weather was nice here this weekend, so Jett and I spent a lot of time outside and met Amy and Abby at Utica Saturday to enjoy some outdoor shopping. It is so nice to get out and breathe fresh air. Here are some random pictures of Jett enjoying playtime outside. Notice that in most of the pictures he isn't looking at the camera. He is so busy these days that it is hard to keep his attention long enough to get him to strike a pose. Have a great week. I think I am going to try to do Easter Bunny pictures this week, so keep your fingers crossed that we don't have another Santa Clause moment.....stay tuned.


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Reading this is like reading about my own life!! Tayson is climbing on everything too!! It makes me so nervous. We are also letting him try to feed himself which is very messy but lots of fun!!! I think we will try and go see the Easter Bunny this week too. Justin and I were discussing it and hoping that it isn't like Santa!! Tayson wasn't too excited about him!! This is such a fun stage!!! I hate to see him grow up so fast but it seems like they get more and more exciting by the day!!!

RachelM said...

I would have loved to have been a bystander at the bowling alley!! So funny!!

Marisa said...

He looks like such a little man in the last picture wearing his jeans! What a doll he is!
Since he loves to try to vacuum like mommy does, then maybe now's a good time to invest in a dust buster and put him to work!! Auston loves to help!