Sunday, March 23, 2008

St. Patty's Day and Easter in the same week!!

I am happy to report that I am finally feeling back to my normal self, and nobody else in my family contracted the nasty stomach bug I had last week. Praise the Lord!
Usually those types of things spread from person to person and it is a vicious cycle.
Other than Jett falling and scraping his noggin, and me throwing my knee out of whack runninng this morning, all is well here! Since I didn't feel well last Monday (St. Patricks Day), I had to put Jett's Lucky and Charming shirt on him this weekend.
I was laughing to myself as I was taking his picture, because he looks much more like a little Irish boy with his red hair than he does a little Asian boy! My genes definately took over when it came to his coloring. Bobby and I think he is just a perfect blend of the both of us! Definately lucky to be loved so much, and absolutely charming. (Notice his new favorite toy.....the vacuum)













I ordered Jett a duck chair several weeks ago for Easter and couldn't wait to give it to him this morning. Bobby and I blew it up last night and had it ready for him when he woke up. As soon as he saw it, he kept saying "quack,quack,quack". Here is a shot I was able to get of him before church this morning. I love this picture!!












My aunt and uncle from Plano, TX were here this weekend and we were SO glad to see them. We spent lots of time in Owasso at Nenal's house, and Jett got to spend 3 days straight with Gramma (AKA "mo-mo"). My poor mom probably won't be able to walk for a week because he will not let "mo-mo" put him down. Bad for her back, but good for mine to have a break:) Gramma found him a PERFECT easter basket. It was a furry blue jet. She had it so full that stuff was pouring out of it, and she had to wrap it in fancy blue paper to keep it all together. Here are some pictures of Jett checking out all of his fun new Easter goodies. Notice that I hardly have any pictures of his sweet little face because he is far too busy to look at the camera.















After dinner Jett wanted to go outside so we bundled him up and took him out into the front yard. My grandma's neighbors were riding their 4 wheelers up and down the street and Jett was fascinated by them. He wouldn't even look at the camera because he was so mesmerized by the kids playing.














When we got home this evening Bobby wanted to do an Easter egg hunt. He had 2 bags full of eggs, so we tossed several of them in the yard and let Jett pick them up and put them in his basket. Once we got inside, Bobby dumped all of them in the floor and Jett had a hay day frolicking around in all of them!














That's about it for this busy week. My grandma got Jett the cutest thing, but I forgot to take a picture. I also forgot to post Jett's Easter Bunny picture (very similar to the Santa episode). I will try to post those next week. As for new words, Jett's new favorites are bike, airplane, and in the bathroom. They sound more like "back", "eh-pane", and "in da bat-oom". Too cute! Have a great week.

3 comments:

RachelM said...

Looks like he had a great Easter! I love his Lucky and Charming shirt and he definitely looks like a little Irish boy! It's so funny how you think you pretty much know what your child will look like and you are completely surprised!

Mandy said...

What a fun easter!! I was going to get Tayson the Lucky and Charming shirt, but they didn't have his size so I had to get the one that says "I (heart) St. Patrick's Day". I love the picture of Jett with all of the eggs!!

Liz said...

I have missed reading your blog I have been so busy trying to get ready for Kim and I's trip, we leave in 10 days.
Jett is the perfect Lucky Charm! Your right he does look good in that Green. I love Easter so much...the cute outfits, egg hunts, candy and of course the amazing resurrection of CHRIST, one of my Favorites!