Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles.....

Jett LOVES all types of transportation vehicles. Cars, boats, trains, motorcycles, and planes. Jett will often take my hand and lead me to the kitchen door that leads out into our garage and say "bike, bike, bike" until I open the door and let him look at daddy's motorcycles. He is absolutely obsessed with them. The other night around 2:30 a.m. he woke up asking for the bike, so we had to get up and go out into the garage for a minute so that he could get his bike fix before he would go back to bed. Monday night Bobby decided to see what Jett would do if he actually started the bike. Let me just say, Jett was not a huge fan of the bike when it was turned on. He did finally sit on it with Bobby for about 2 seconds (turned off, of course) so that I could take a quick picture. Here are my biker boys!















and, of course, a mommy and Jett picture















Later that evening Bobby decided he wanted to take Jett to a private airport in Jenks to watch the planes land. Bobby sweet talked one of the employees of the airport into letting is go back where all of the planes are, which is also directly beside the runway, so we were able to stand right next to where they were landing. It was really fun, but the best part was watching Jett get so excited about all of the planes surrounding him. He loved it!! Here are the pictures.

















Check out how tall this picture makes me look. I wish!!















We noticed Monday night that his nose was runny, and sure enough, by Tuesday morning Jett and I were both plagued with a nasty cold. It seems like for the past 5 months we have been passing germs around our house like crazy. It makes no sense to me since Jett is never around other kids, and I am never around sick people. Oh well, maybe once he weather gets nicer (if it ever does) this season of sickness will pass.
Saturday Jett and I headed to Owasso to spend some time with my mom and grandma. Jett pushed his mower around my grandma's front yard, and then we taught him to stomp on the bugs (ants) in the driveway.


Jett is so funny these days, and his vocabulary is expanding so much. He will say anything you ask him too for the most part, and he is starting to answer questions really well. For example, if you say "Who's that Jett?" he will tell you who is being pointed at, or if you say "How does a car go", he will say "vroom vroom".
He is kind of starting to be clingy to me again (which I personally love), but we will see how long that lasts. For now, I will take all of the snuggles and kisses I can get from my sweet little baby boy because I know there will come a day when he won't want me to kiss or love on him constantly, especially in public. That's about all for now. I am exhausted and I need to get rested up because only TWO more days until Bon Jovi!!! We have only been waiting for like 7 months for the day to arrive.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

RachelM said...

That is so funny that he wanted to look at bikes at 2:30! It probably wasn't for you at the time, though!!
I love the picture of him with his back to the camera at the airport. So cute!

Mandy said...

What a cutie!! Tayson loves to say vroom, vroom, to anything that moves! I think it must be a boy thing!! I hope the weather gets better soon, I am over this cold stuff!

Liz said...

Seriously Amber you have to blow that black and white picture up, put it on a canvas and hang it in his room...It is PERFECT!!! Leslie can do it for you, talk to her on Friday about it. I LOVE IT! You are such a wonderful mommy!