Monday, May 19, 2008

18 months and lots of Uh-Oh's....

That pretty much sums up our weekend in a nutshell. If there is one sentence that sums up last week it would be this, I am glad it is over! Last week was just insane crazy and busy for us. Every night last week was a late night preparing for our friend's daughters graduation party, my scrapbook retreat, Bobby's birthday, and our family/Jett's 18 month pictures scheduled for this morning at 9:00a.m. The party was amazing (and the cake too, of course), Bobby's birthday was uneventful (sorry baby, I will make it up I promise), and the retreat was wonderful.....until I got a call from my mom to alert me that while her and my grandma were chasing Jett around her living room (his absolute favorite game), he tripped on his new sneaker and dove mouth first into the TV stand. OUCH! Needless to say, it looked pretty nasty and I had to call Saturday afternoon and cancel our pictures. I was flipping out because our photographer is booked until July. Luckily, she said she would definitely squeeze us in somewhere before then. Here are a few pictures of my angel baby with his puffed up lip.























Isn't he just the sweetest thing even with a fat lip? One time when he was a little baby I was playing with him and he head butted me right in the lip causing it to swell up. I remember being paranoid about it, and Bobby kept saying "Babe, people pay big bucks to have lips like that". Poor Jett, after the accident with the TV stand, he slipped and fell on a step outside and hit his scab only for it to start bleeding again, and skinned the top of his hand. Then today, he came home from Bobby's mom and dad's house with a goose egg on his head. Oh, the joys of being an 18 month old!

Earlier in the week while I was watering the flowers, Jett decided that he wanted to help. I took off all of his clothes, put on his rain boots, and handed him the hose.
He was having way to much fun playing in the water and mud. This is absolutely what makes having a little boy so much fun! We love every minute of it!















Also huge news this week....we left Jett in the nursery at church. OK, so it was only for about 10 minutes at the very end, but hey, we are making progress! I think I was more freaked out about it than he was. The nice lady said that he "got a little weepy" once he realized I was gone. That of course didn't make me feel any better. I think I am the one with separation anxiety.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh girl, our lives are so similar it is crazy!! I can totally relate to all of those poor accidents. Right now, Tayson has a huge scratch across his forehead, a bruise on his forehead, and his foot is all scrapped up from where he fell outside the other day. Every week it is a new boo boo!! I have been wanting to schedule his pictures but everytime I get ready to do it, something else happens and he is all banged up so I end up waiting!!

Sunday I was planting some flowers and I gave Tayson the hose and he went crazy with it. It was so funny because he sprayed himself in the face and was so shocked by it!! The look on his face was priceless!!

We really need to get the boys together to play!!!

RachelM said...

Poor Jett! I am dreading those moments when McCoy starts having accidents! It's probably harder on mommies!
I love his naked pictures working the garden. I bet he has so much fun!

Amber said...

Jett is so photogenic! He has the cutest pictures...
Sounds like you had a crazy week and weekend as well.
I wish i could say that I know what you mean with the boo boos, but Kaid is so careful when he does something that I have only seen him hurt about 3 times in 5 yrs...For a boy, that's amazing! My theroy is that it will all happen in a few years, broken bones, stitches, ect...Then I will start panic mode :)

Marisa said...

His lip does look bad but I'm glad he's not letting it get him down!! Looks like he's still got his same "go getter" attitude!! I love the picture of him and Tiffany and him wearing nothing but a diaper and rain boots!! I am also glad to hear that you'll still be able to have your pictures taken earlier than July! She must be really anxious to work with Jett!