Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! I told my mom and grandma today that every day seems like mother's day with Jett, but it is nice to have 1 special day to celebrate being a mommy! Yesterday we spent all day with Bobby's mom working in our garden. Isn't she great?!?! It's Mother's Day and she is working her tail off in my yard. What a amazing woman! She is in her sixties and probably in better shape than me. For Mother's Day I scored big time. Between my mom, Bobby, and my mother in law, I got 4 azalea bushes, calla lilies, geraniums, orchids, 2 hanging baskets, etc. I love flowers and shrubs. I decided after Saturday that I am not a huge fan of planting them by myself though. That was more of a workout than running! Bobby also did good my surprising me with a new 160GB Ipod. Yippee! We are an Ipod obsessed family and don't know what we ever did without them. Here are some fun Mother's Day pictures, some at home, and some at my grandma's house this afternoon.

















This thing looked better from far away...














Jett enjoy's mowing Nenal's driveway
















We should come here more often, these toys are way more fun!














I feel SO blessed to be a mom, as for years I was told that I would probably never be able to have kids due to damage I did to my body in my younger years while battling eating disorders. It wasn't easy for us, but it was definitely worthy the wait!! Jett is the best thing that ever happened to our lives. These are some pictures I took Friday evening while Jett and I were playing around the house.

















Friday night our friend Jamie was in town from Texas, so Jett and I hopped in the car and met her at Utica Square for a quick bite at the Olive Garden. We haven't seen Jamie since she got married last summer and moved. She couldn't believe how much Jett had grown, and he took up with her immediately as soon as she started feeding him candy. I didn't get a group picture since Jett and I were straight out of the shower and dressed to go home and jump straight into bed, but I had to get one shot of Jamie, looking gorgeous as usual, and Jett.














One last note: We took Jett to the Dr. last Monday for a check up, and we are pleased to announce that his is finally growing!! He is now in the 30th to 40th percentile in weight, height, and head circumference. Woo Hoo! I mentioned that I guessed he wasn't going to be tall, and the Dr. looked at Bobby and then at me and simply stated that it didn't look like it was in his genes. Oh well, he is perfect to us not matter how tall (or not tall) he is. :) Have a great week!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Mother's Day!! That is so funny that you got plants for Mother's Day because that is what I am getting too!! I am going to go pick everything out this week because I haven't had time to get everything planted but I am excited!! I hate planting it, but love looking at it!!

Do you guys live close to Utica Square? My aunt lives like a few blocks away. She lives on the corner of 23rd and 21st (I am pretty sure that is right)!!

RachelM said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Mother's Day! The pictures of you and Jett are great!
I love his argyle baby legs!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a great Mothers Day! Jett is so cute and very photogenic.

I have three azalia bushes and with all this rain they are not doing very good, I think they are getting to much water and not enough sun, I don't have a green thumb so i am sure i am doing something wrong! Well if they make it they are very pretty to have in my garden :)