Monday, May 5, 2008

Jett's first family reunion

And even more exciting than the title, Jett spent his first night away from home without mommy. Yes, you heard me right. After much begging and pleading, I gave in and let my mom and grandma take Jett with them to Arkansas a day early for our reunion. After a night of agony (there is apparently no cell phone towers in the mountains), the worrying (due to the whole non-cell phone tower issue), and tears (because I missed my baby boy SO bad).....WE MADE IT!!!!! While Jett was having a fabulous gramma and nenal and getting spoiled rotten, I was at home walking in circles bored stiff not knowing what to do with myself (along with calling everyone short of the authorities in Arkansas to find out why my calls weren't going through).
Bobby and I headed to the mountains 1 day later and arrived at the cabin just in time to roast marshmallows in the fire pit. I couldn't wait to let Jett try one, and he of course loved them. He takes after his momma and loves pure raw sugar! Here are some pictures of Jett at the cabin. The views are just amazing.





















They day of the reunion, we took Jett to he lookout point. Now, for those of you who know me and know that I HATE heights, this was huge for me to climb up to the top and look over. GULP! My stomach started turning, and the second Jett started walking towards the beams on the outer ledge, I had to grab him and head back down.
After that, we headed to the cemetery to decorate my grandfathers grave, and we ran into my cousins. They have a 2 year old daughter and she loved hugging and kissing on Jett. Every time my mom would pick him up, she would tell her to put him back down. Jett didn't know what to think since he isn't around other kids much, but he finally got used to running from her, and at one point he fell and she tried to help him up and she fell on top of him. It was too cute. Here are the pic's.

















The worst part of the trip was the nights. Jett does not do well sleeping somewhere else, and it is making me super nervous, as we have a 9 day trip planned to NYC in June. Everyone say a prayer for us because we might need them! Here are a few random pictures from earlier in the week. I took Jett upstairs to watch his baby praise and worship video on the big screen in Bobby's movie room, and since he has only been in that room maybe twice in his whole life, he was fascinated by the faux grapes that he spotted on a breakfast tray on the ottoman. He thought they were real and he kept trying to eat them. He also figured out that there is a shelf under the coffee table and he enjoyed playing peek-a-boo. Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh girl...I can totally relate!! I have only let Tayson spend the night away from me twice and I think I worried the ENTIRE time! It looks like you guys had a good time in Arkansas though! The view from where you were, is amazing!!

RachelM said...

That view is amazing!
I missed McCoy big time when I was gone but luckily there was cell phone reception!
I love the pic of Jett with marshmallow on his lips. I now have a craving!
By the way, my friend lives in Jenks...not really sure how to describe where...
but we went to Ciao! and ate dinner and then went to the piano bar (don't remember the name of it). Sound familiar?

Amber said...

Hi, i am a new blogger and a friend of Mandy's...Your son is so adorable. :)
I don't get to see that view very much in Springdale, AR but wow!!!!! Hope you can come visit my page and check out my family.
www.thepecks-amber.blogspot.com!

Amber said...

Thank you for the nice things about my son...
Yes, when Jett starts getting into sports it will be quit the adventure. Kaid also has basketball camp in June so we shall see how that goes. :)
Mandy and I have not been friends for as long as you and your friend but we hope to get there...Keep on her about joining i am sure she will come around. :)