Sunday, July 13, 2008

From rugrat to curtain crawler

Bobby's dad promoted Jett to "curtain crawler" from "rug rat" last week. It's true. This boy has started climbing on everything! He has always been curious and brave, but he has officially learned how to grab things with his monkey toes and hoist himself up on top of things. YIKES!! The other night we were getting ready to go out to dinner and I walked out of the bathroom for literally 30 seconds, and came back to find this......


I guess leaving Jett in a room alone is no longer an option. He has also decided that he loves phones. Cell phones, cordless phones, toy phones, or remote controls will all work for him.

How you doin'?

If I hide back here, maybe mommy won't listen


What phone? I wasn't talking on the phone.


Saturday we met up with our friends Shanna, Rafy, and their nephew Addison at the park to play at the splash pad. The boys were really cute, and Jett was loving the blue raspberry slushy I got him! Probably not the best thing for his little teeth, but he enjoyed it.







This afternoon after church Bobby was working in the yard and Jett decided to "go see flowers". The lilies along the side of our yard are beautiful right now, and Jett loves to smell them. He got a little too close at one point, so you will notice a little orange smudge on his cheek from the dye.





He is he funniest boy these days. He copies every single thing we do and/or say. Sometimes we will just sit around and do things to see him mock us. His little voice and laugh are still my favorite sounds in he entire world. He counts to ten now really good, and I am starting to pick up on a few Korean words that he uses frequently. He amazes me how he can recognize and differentiate sounds. He knows the difference between airplanes and helicopters, and firetrucks, police cars, and ambulances. I have to say my favorite thing for him to say at this moment is "weeeeeeeeeeee-neeeee-ner" (weed eater). He says it just like that too, with the long, drawn out "weeeeeeeee" in the front. He is so precious! Oh yeah, and he started giving Eskimo kisses today and I am loving that too!!!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Gosh...I can't wait for Tyler to get to where he's talking and becoming his own person...but I love it right now where he is still really dependent on me though! I love each of the stages he's going through! They just grow up way too fast!!

Wow...even I can't tell the difference between cop car, ambulance and firetruck sirens!!

Mandy said...

We have a climber on our hands too!! I had the car door opened the other day Tayson climbed all the way into the car by himself...I was terified!! We can't let them out of our sight now!!

That splash park looks like so much fun!! I wish we had one here.

Jett's vocabulary is amazing. Tayson is only 2 months behind him and he isn't saying nearly that much!!

RachelM said...

How cute! I love the look on his face when he's drinking the slush!! So cute!

Amber said...

Jett is the cutest! That would be so scary with all the climbing...Fortunatly Kaid has always been quite the little scarded cat of things so he doesn't really take alot of risks but I have a feeling that when he gets older it will all come down then. :)

I love your pictures of Jett! Do you use a regular digital camera or do you have a high tech one b/c the photos always look so clear and the color is amazing. :)

Marisa said...

I know...poor little baby boys having to go through that pain of having their skin pulled. Did you do it or did you have Bobby? The doc told Corey to be the one to do it. I'm not sure why...