Sunday, July 6, 2008

New York City/Niagra Trip 2008

We arrived back home late last evening after our 8 day trip to New York City and Niagra Falls,and let me just say, we are all exhausted. We had a fabulous time at Niagra, and took Jett on his first boat ride out to the center of the falls. He loved the boat and the water, but was not a huge fan of the raincoat that they make you wear. He refused to wear the hood, but didn't seem to mind the water hitting his head. He kept saying "it's raining, it's raining". Here are the Niagra trip pictures.












After Niagra Falls on Monday, we spent Tuesday at Darien Lakes. Jett loved all of the rides, but most of all, LOVED the water park! His little chin was shivering like crazy but he DID NOT want us to get him out of the water.









Wednesday morning, we were off to Manhattan. Actually, we did go to Manhattan, but we actually stayed in Soho close to Greenwich Village this time and loved it! It is on the upper west side of Manhattan, but it is more quiet and laid back. We have stayed at Central Park before, which is nice and romantic, and we have also stayed in Times Square, which is a little more noisy and chaotic, but fun. Soho was the perfect place to stay as a family though, and only a short subway ride into the heart of the city (and Soho also has amazing shopping and food as well). I took well over a hundred pictures, but I will share some of my fave's.

Battery Park/Pier overlooking the Statue of Liberty. We did not tour Ellis Island this time because the line to get tickets was over 2 hours long. We were thinking Jett would not handle that long of a wait very well.





Ground Zero

Times Square


Checking out the NYC Firetruck (Jett's not to sure of the fireman though)


Shopping on Fifth Avenue and visting FAO Schwartz (check out the soldier made of Jelly Belly's....YUM!






Central Park, one of the most beautiful places ever.







We had such a great trip and Jett was such a good little traveler. He was much more social than usual, letting the lady in the Prada store carry him around and show him off while daddy was trying on shoes, and he let a photographer snap some shots of him at Central Park while playing around on the rocks. We are glad to be home though, and are looking forward to out next NYC trip in 2010!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time!! I have never been to NYC but I want to go soooo bad!! How did Jett do on the plane? We are going on vacation at the end of this month and I am nervous about how Tayson will do because he does not like to sit still right now!!

Marisa said...

Oh wow...you got some really great pictures! That's awesome that Jett did really good and had a fun time too!!
I'm sure you're glad to be back home!

RachelM said...

How fun! I've never been to NYC either but would love to go!
I love Jett's LAMB shoes! McCoy has a gold pair that I'm obsessed with!!!

momaziggy said...

Hi Amber! I'm Crystal! The one who stalks your blog and photo edits your pics! Haha! Not that they need it! :O) You take BEAUTIFUL pics and Jett is so stinking CUTE! Thanks for letting me practice on your already beautiful pics! :O) I'm so glad you guys had a fun safe trip! I LOVE looking at your pics! I just bought the Canon Rebel XSi. Do you shoot in auto mode, or do you play around in the other modes? Just curious. I'm tyring to get into photography and learn how to WORK my camera in all the other modes! Lol! Anyway...welcome home! I hope you like the sigs I made you! :O)

momaziggy said...

Hi Amber! Thank you so much for your kinds words! I'm so grateful! I'm feeling the need for a distraction, so I am working on your 1st collage of your trip to New York! I am doing two, color & b/w. On the color collage, I want to make the background color something that will blend nicely in your house. Do you have a color scheme in your home or a color preference for the background! I already have 5 pics picked out and placed, now I just need to work the layout and colors. I can't do anymore until I have a background color. Thanks! :O)

Amber said...

That is so great that you guys had a good time in NYC! Ryan's family lives in Spencer, NY about 5hrs upstate and we went to visit them about 3 yrs ago and we made a trip to Niagra Falls, it was so amazing...We did the boat ride as well and it was so fun.
We are going to try to visit again next year and this time go to NYC! I can't wait...

The pictures look amazing!