Sunday, August 17, 2008

Glued to the tube

I would love to be able to say that we have done something productive this week, but rather than make something up, I will just be honest and admit that we have been glued to the tube since last Saturday. When we are here, we are watching the Olympics, when we are gone, the good ole' DVR is making sure we don't miss anything! I am quite certain Jett has no idea what has come over us, as we normally are not much of a TV watching family. I don't know that Jett has ever really watched anything on TV now that I think about it, other than occasionally his Baby Praise and Worship videos, and our Baby Einstein videos in the car every now and again. Boy have we made up for that this week! Jett really doesn't act too interested in anything other than swimming. As soon as he sees a pool on the big screen, he starts squealing "swimming, swimming!!!" That's my boy! The rest of the time, he is much more interested in playing with his Sonic Wacky Pack toy, and doing "one,two, three, ready, get set, GO!", on our pillows in the living room.





As I mentioned, Jett LOVES swimming. He is not afraid of the water at all, and will even put his head under and jump off of the side. Thursday Amy and I decided to take him and Abby to the gym for a swim. I didn't take the camera into the pool area, but I got a few cute shots of the kiddo's in the locker room area.





Today we met Amy, Steve, and Abby at the Aquatic Center for another swimming play date. I went ahead an got Jett enrolled today in the next swim class they are conducting, and it starts in October. I am so excited about this because it lasts 8 weeks, so we will still be able to be in the water when it is too cold to swim outside. Yippee!! I did find out, however, that little swimmer diapers are not allowed in their pool. Therefore, we had to purchase a nice little speedo type diaper that they sell in the gift shop (of course). Bobby said he looked like a European baby.





I should also mention that my sweet angle baby turned 21 months old today. Time just passes way too fast when you have a little one around. Bobby and I talked all weekend about how funny he is, and how much he has changed in the past 6 months. He talks non-stop and you can pretty much understand everything he says. He talks in complete sentences most of the time, and although he has been able to count to ten in English for quite some time, he has learned in the past week to count to ten in Korean as well. We are both amazed that he can recite word for word the following books: Goodnight Moon, I went Walking, and Go Dog! Go. Even if you open the book in the middle, he can tell you exactly that that page says (by the picture of course). Books are his new favorite "toy", but he is also obsessed with cars. Not toy ones, but real ones. He will grab our hands, walk us into the kitchen, and say "go get daddy's keys, go drive daddy's truck." He also knows the difference between my keys, and bobby's keys, and you cannot trick him! He is an amazing little guy and we love him more than anything in he world. Now, for one last picture. This was taken tonight after we got home from swimming and going out to eat dinner. Jett was so incredibly tired, and as soon as we got out of the shower, he passed out on the bathroom floor as I was putting lotion on him. See what I mean about how sweet this kid is. Such a doll baby. No worries though, I did re-locate him to his crib. Have a great week!

6 comments:

momaziggy said...

Oh my goodness those kiddo's are so cute and lucky to have such great family & friends! Hope all is well! *HUGS*

Amber said...

My husband has the DVR filled with the olympics as well! That is so great that Jett is in swimming, Kaid took lessons in June and man did it make such a differnce. He used to be so afraid of the water, jumping off the side and now he will swim without his life vest and he is so good! Got to hand it to the swim lessons.
As always, he's a cutie pie!

Mandy said...

I have been glued to the tube too!! I can't believe that Jett was so tired he fell asleep on the bathroom floor, that is so cute!

My trip to Tulsa was a lot of fun!! We primarily just did wedding things but the people we were with were a lot of fun! I stayed up way too late and now I remember why I go to bed at a reasonable hour!! I'm getting too old for that!!

momaziggy said...

THANKS! I'll be adding a whole bunch more later today that I took at a garden on Sunday. I'm editing them right now. So check back. I would be HAPPY to help with PS when you are ready! Just ask away! :O)

Marisa said...

Jett looks sooo big in the first picture and the last picture! Do you ever look at older pictures of him and just be amazed at how much he's grown physically?

He sounds like a pretty smart cookie! We still have a hard time understanding Auston alot. We just found out that he has ADHD and will have to go to a therapist and that his doctor also suspects that he has a learning disability so he will be seeing someone about that.

Marisa said...

I am going to try to find some 12 month sleepers for him this weekend. His poor little toes are getting pretty cramped in the 9 month ones!

I must have missed the picture of Abby going after Jett's face the first time I looked at your blog! That is sooo hilarious!!! I love it!