Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 2 of being couch potatos....

Well, I just spend about 15 minutes typing this post, and something happened and it all disappeared. Urgh!! Rather than typing the whole thing again, I will just go over the highlights. Basically, another boring week around our house, we are sad the Olympics are over, we joined the Aquatic Club, I have started training for my upcoming races (it's that time of year again), and Jett is still the beautiful, smart, charming, intelligent, perfect little angel he has always been:) Can you tell we are still completely obsessed with him? I must mention though since I am always bragging about him, that he has gotten a wee bit (OK, so a lot) bossy lately. I don't think he realizes it, or he does and I am living in denial, but familiar phrases I hear daily are, "give it to me", "mommy go get it", "daddy go get it", and "NO!" among many others. Still cute coming from his little mouth in his sweet little voice, but we are definitely working on the whole "say please and thank you" thing. He is good at "thank you", but we are still struggling with "please".
Also, my camera is broke, so the pictures I have taken recently are horrible quality. I need to get it in the shop, but I shudder at the thought of being without it. Here are some pictures of my cutie pa-tootie the other night at bedtime.
Mommy's little helper. Jett insists on throwing away diapers, and putting dirty clothes in the hamper.



The driver on the bus says "Move on back...."




As you can see, we are still book fanatics. Everywhere Jett goes, a book goes as well. Since we did nothing exciting (again) this week, here are a few more after bath pictures of Jett the other night. He was reading, brushing his teeth, and being silly. Bobby ran to Walgreens for medicine one night and came home with Jett's "Dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out" shirt. He was so cute and excited about it that he woke me up after midnight to show it to me. He also bought himself a shirt that says "I love hot moms" that he wore when I came home from the triathlon a few weeks ago. Too funny!


Yum! Jett spends more time sucking the toothpaste off the brush than he does scrubbing his teeth and gums.

Gymnastics Jett style...

That's all I have for this week. Hopefully next week will be more exciting!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Tayson totally has that same shirt from Walgreens!! I was in there one day recently and they really had some funny ones! I didn't know that Walgreens even carried t's for babies!!

Tayson loves to suck the toothpaste off his toothbrush too! He always wants more once he sucks it all off!

We are sad the Olympics is over too! I don't know what we are going to do now?? :)

RachelM said...

I am obsessed with that shirt! I've got to head to Walgreen's today!!!

momaziggy said...

Hey there! Those pics aren't bad. What are you talking about? :O) I hope you get it fixed soon and it doesn't take too long! Ugh...what a pain! Okay...he has gottenm BIG! It's like he grew over night. What a doll that boy is. And OMG I LOVE that shirt! Priceless! Lol! *HUGS*