Sunday, August 3, 2008

OKC Zoo + Triathlon = our busy weekend

This weekend Jett and I took a road trip to OKC with our friends Amy and Abby. I had a triathlon on Sunday morning at 5:30am (yuck!), so we decided to just drive up on Saturday, take the kids to the zoo, and make a fun weekend out of it! Aside from the hotel not being able to find our reservation, the 103+ degree heat, and neither of the kids sleeping more than 3 or 4 hours Saturday night, we had a great time! We laughed about it on the way home, but I am thinking we might have been so tired that anything seemed funny. Due to the extreme heat and Kattfest (a huge concert with several bands that don't sing, but scream), we didn't stay at the zoo more than a few hours. I borrowed a double stroller from a friend of mine and it was WONDERFUL! Thanks a million Tricia. Here are some pic's!
"This is a great new ride, mom!"


























Awe.....this is what innocence looks like!



























Jett overheated and checking out the bears


















"Here Abby, this red sugary slush is fantastic!"


















Jett and the "nice kitties"



























After the zoo and the really long night, I had to wake up at 5 a.m. for the triathlon. After hardly any sleep and participating in such an event, I did not look any kind of glamorous for a picture. I am usually not funny about primping for pics, but I honestly wouldn't put anyone through the torture of looking at pictures of me tired and sweaty. Here is one funny picture of my leg markings after the tri. I realize it looks like I have been baking in a tanning bed, but I promise I haven't. I have gotten some sun from training outside, but I think Bobby had the flash on a funny mode and it made my legs look nice and leathery.


















Last week I introduced Jett to cucumbers for the first time and he loved them!! I cut them up like sliced pickles and he was in cucumber heaven. Isn't he just the most darling thing you have ever seen gnawing on a cucumber?

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I really like your new layout!! How did it go at the triathlon?

Amber said...

The zoo looks like fun but Jett looked really hot. I was thinking of taking Kaid in two weeks but maybe we shouldn't go with this heat like it is!

Adorable as usual :)

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! It is just too hot right now to do anything outside! I just got back from vacation so that is why I haven't emailed you! I am going to do that right now!!