Monday, September 15, 2008

Go shorty, it's your birthday......

We're gonna party like it's your birthday! That was Jett's motto last weekend. I kept telling him we were going to Abby's party, and that Abby would be getting new toys. All weekend he kept saying "Abby's party...Abby's toys". Maybe mentioning toys was not a good idea because that led Jett to believe that he should be opening (and playing with) all of Abby's fun new things. Being the patient, lovely, sweet, and fabulous hostess Amy is, she allowed Jett to tear in to most of Abby's gifts.


Funny how Jett has most of the same toys, but for some reason, when they belong to someone else they are much more fun.



One thing Jett is never willing to share these days is mommy. He is super jealous of Abby, and anytime I try to hold or love on her, he starts pushing her and saying "mommy, NO, mommy, NO!". I took advantage of having lots of people around to entertain him at the party, and snuck in some cuddle time with the birthday princess!
Isn't she just absolutely precious?!?!? In the second picture he finally realized that she was on my lap so he had to climb up next to me . Bobby was able to distract him by doing a little Itsy Bitsy Spider.


Little Miss September!

I can't believe that Abby is finally one, and that Jett is getting closer and closer to the big 2. Where is the pause button?!?!? Here are some cute pictures of cake time!



After the party, we ran by my grandma's so that Jett could see nenal and gramma. He always wants to play in my grandma's backyard. I think he likes it because it is big and flat, unlike our backyard that is nothing but a big hill that our house is built in to.

He also enjoys getting to munch on french fries when we go to nenals house. More accurately, he enjoys dipping the fries in ketchup, sucking the ketchup off, and then dipping them again.

Other than Abby's party and getting caught in heavy rain while riding our bikes on Saturday, our weekend was pretty uneventful. I hope all of our friends from Texas (or anywhere else that had bad weather) are safe and dry now that Ike has passed through.

3 comments:

momaziggy said...

OMG how cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Abby! I love the pics. Thank you for your sweet compliments. I couldn't be happier with the new lens. I can't wait to really get good at using it. If you are ever in Cali, we will meet up for sure. I would love to take shots of your lil man! Have a great week!

Amber said...

That is so funny that he doesn't like you loving on other kids...I would eat that up :)
Abby is so precious. Looks like it was a fun party.

The rain came in here too and it was one wet weekend!

Jessica said...

I LOVE that strawberry colored hair! : )