Sunday, September 28, 2008

Train and Firetruck obsession

It has become apparent that Jett's new obsessions are choo-choo trains and firetrucks. My mom and I have been taking him to Barnes and Noble every Wednesday, and as soon as we pull into the parking lot, he starts saying "go see choo-choo train ober dare" and pointing to the front door. As soon as we get in the store, he takes off running as fast as he can to the back of the store where the train set is. I really need to get him a Thomas the Train DVD to watch, but I have tried so hard not to start the whole TV watching thing with him yet. Not because I think it is bad for kids to watch TV, but because I know that once he sees those trains on the television, he will be hooked! I resisted the temptation of the DVD, but the other night while grocery shopping, Jett spotted the Thomas the Train toothbrush that plays music so I decided to buy it for him. Let me just say that I suspect he has the cleanest teeth of any child in Tulsa because all he has done since we got it home is brush his teeth. Now if I could just get him to understand that toothpaste is not candy and he can't keep sucking it off of the toothbrush.


Yesterday we went to Owasso to visit my mom and grandma, so of course, Jett had a great day playing with his firetruck, eating ice cream, and taking turns letting each of us read him books. What a life!

Firetrucks, another new obsession

Reading nenal a book

Gramma reading to Jett (I love this smile)

Snuggling with Mommy

Yum! Cake batter ice cream.


While at my grandma's house, Jett spotted a hairy caterpillar on the front porch.
What is that disgusting thing?

This face cracks me up. He doesn't look to sure about that nasty bug.

After we got home Saturday night, Jett snuggled up with Bobby while the OU game was one. Go Sooners!!

We had planned to go to the Tulsa State Fair this weekend, but while on a walk earlier this week, Bobby stepped on a twig and snapped his ankle. It was still pretty swollen and purple, so we will probably do the fair next weekend. Today we took Jett to Toys R Us and let him try out motorized cars. We were planning on getting him one for his birthday, but wanted to make sure his legs were long enough.
He understands that he needs to push the pedal to make it go, but he hasn't figured out that he has to steer at the same time to avoid hitting things like me, Bobby, and the metal shelves at the toy store. Here is Jett playing in my car this afternoon (in firetruck overalls, imagine that!)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Jett is so darn cute!! I swear I could write the same exact things in a blog that you always write! Our boys are so much alike and doing the same things at the same times. Tayson has a little power dump truck that my parents got him for his 1st birthday and it is the perfect size for him right now. We are looking at getting him a bigger one for Christmas maybe because it probably won't be long before he outgrows "Dumpy". I hope Bobby gets to gets to feeling better soon!!

RachelM said...

So cute! I love his new toothbrush!
McCoy is really obsessed with brushing his teeth these days. I think it feels good on his gums!

momaziggy said...

Love the new pics! He's so stinkin cute! Hope you guys have a great weekend! :O)

Marisa said...

Firetrucks!! What a fun obsession! He is so funny with that toothbrush! Oh, I love the picture of you and him snuggling! Too cute!