Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fair + zoo + big black eye = our weekend

This past week started off so good for Jett, and then came Friday......
Let me first back up to the beginning of the week when Bobby picked up kimbop (Korean word for sushi) for dinner. Yum!! We all love it, and I think it is by far Jett's favorite thing to eat. I realized that I don't have any pictures of Jett eating his favorite treat, so I grabbed my camera to capture the moment. Does anyone else have a 1 year old that prefers sushi?? Strange, I know. Must be the Asian in him.



I am sure by now all of my friends, family, and loyal blog readers know that Jett is fascinated by any type of truck, car, or motorized vehicle. My mom scored some major brownie points on Wednesday when she bought Jett this big, loud bulldozer.
He loves his new toy, and I wish I would have had my camera on me this morning when he was trying to ride it. Here is Jett trying it out the night we got it.


Every Friday Jett and I go to Owasso for dinner with my mom and grandma. Before we head home, we bathe him and put him in his PJ's because I know he will fall asleep in the car. He loves to do belly busters in the tub and then act like he is swimming by kicking his legs. While doing his bath time acrobats, Jett fell forward and hit is eye on the corner of my grandma's porcelain tub. It didn't bleed for long, but it freaked me out because it is directly over his eye. Saturday morning I participated in the Tulsa Zoo run with my friend Shanna, and her mom is a nurse so I had her take a look at it. She said they wouldn't have stitched it because the skin is so thin on that part of the eye, and his eyes weren't bloodshot or red, so basically it just looks much worse than it is. Good news for me, but poor Jett!!
Post race pictures of the girls. Me, Shanna, and Caroline.

My sweet baby boy on the train (that we rode four times) with his eye boo boo



Jett riding the tiger carousel. He decided once it started moving that he wanted to ride the elephant, not a good thing.

Jett on the turtle and being a little monkey!


After all the fun we had at the zoo with gramma, we had to squeeze in some time for the Tulsa State Fair. Since the height requirement is 36 inches for most of the rides, Jett had to settle for feeding the animals in the petting zoo. Poor guy, it may be a long time before he is 3 ft. tall!





He also enjoyed touring the inside of the ambulance with daddy....

and the "BIIIIG semi twuck" with mommy.

In the exhibit building Jett spotted the gigantic sandbox and had to try it out.
I will probably be finding sand all over the place for weeks to come.


Jett has really been into singing these days, and he can now sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, and Jesus Loves Me all by himself. Maybe he will luck out and have a better singing voice than Bobby or myself! I will try to figure out how to upload video on here so you can hear his sweet little voice. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, his eye does look bad but thank gosh it's not! Even though, it looks like you guys had a fun weekend! I love the Tulsa state fair, I am from Oklahoma so i used to go all the time :)

Mandy said...

Poor Jett!! I'm glad that his eye didn't end up being TOO bad. I hope that it heals up soon!! It looks like you guys had a great weekend anyways!

Marisa said...

oooohhh...poor baby :( I"m glad that it looks worse than it really is. Also glad that you guys had a good time at the fair! I can't wait to take Tyler next year!

momaziggy said...

Man...he is stinkin cute even with a big ole cut over his eye! Just shows his BOY character! What a BIG TOUGH guy! Great pics! :)O