Monday, September 8, 2008

Jett's Big Adventures

What a week this has been for Jett. My mom was off work all week, so what could possibly be more fun that spending your vacation entertaining a 21 month old?!? Tuesday Jett got to go to the Aquarium with Gramma, and from what I hear, he had a great time and was fascinated by the turtles and sharks. Just when he thought life couldn't get any better, he got to take a trip to the Tulsa Zoo with Gramma on Friday. It must have been a huge hit because my mom picked him up a little before noon, and they didn't leave until after 3:30. I suspect the last hour was probably spent riding the train over, and over, and over again. Trains have become one of Jett's new obsessions, right behind "driving" our cars. Jett enjoys messing with all if the buttons and gadgets in our vehicles, so lately every time we get in them, the windshield wipers are going, the radio is blaring, and the air conditioner is blowing full blast. Here he is last week driving "gamma's cah".




He has been in the best mood lately. Every time I go in to get him up in the morning, he starts giggling and stays that way all day long. He has always been a really happy boy, but his little personality is really starting to pop out. He is becoming much more outgoing, and will even speak to strangers (while clinging to me) when they ask him questions. One of my new favorites is when you ask him his name, he says "Cistian Jett Godeswordy". So cute!! Also when I get him up in the mornings, one of the first things he asks for (besides Tiffany and daddy), is donuts.
My mother in law introduced him to those white powdery donuts and he loves them. YUCK! Here he is enjoying donuts Saturday morning.




Another new thing is Jett choosing what he wants to wear. He picks his clothes according to whatever animal, or motor vehicle he feels like wearing that day. The other night, he requested his dinosaur shirt and socks. I am sure he will love me breaking out these pictures of him wearing socks with fake claws when he is a teenager!

I recently moved Jett's books down to a level where he could reach them, and as you can see by the picture below, he loves it!

Jett putting his hand over his heart when he sees a flag. Awe.....he does this everywhere when we see an American flag. So sweet.

One of Jett's new favorite books is the Elmo sing-a-long book. Here he is doing Heads, Shoulders, Knees and toes.
Rub your belly......

Wiggle your nose......


This weekend Bobby and I were working on our yard (yes, you heard me right, we are still working on it), and Jett decided to help. That lasted for a little while, and then he started acting silly. Like always, I had my camera to capture the moment!
Helping daddy pick weeds

Flowers? What flowers? I didn't stomp on any flowers.





How cute is this kid, seriously?!?!? Love him!!

5 comments:

momaziggy said...

Okay...the pics of him with his hand over his heart made me melt! What a darling! How great that must make you feel that he does that everytime he see's a flag. Precious. And can I tell you that the last pic is AMAZING. I love how he is framed by the greenery and he is in focus while the greenery is out of focus. Great aperture shot! :O)

Amber said...

Jett has to be one of the most photogenic babies I have seen...All of his pictures are so amazing. Love the last one!

The personality is so wonderful to see. Kaid is in first grade but I am still wowed by his personality. So much like his father :)

Mandy said...

These must be big stages right now because Tayson is obsessed with driving our cars and with picking out his own clothes/shoes! Fun times!!!

RachelM said...

How cute! Yall have had a big week!
The red shirt you like of McCoy's is from Old Navy. They also have a navy one and it's on sale right now!

Marisa said...

I love the picture with you using the greenery as framing!! I also love those dino socks!! Where did you find them?!!!