Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cabin Fever

This week I have no excuse for a late post, especially since last week we were cooped up in the house, so I should have been uploading, naming, and shrinking pictures in preparation for my typical Sunday night blogging, but instead, I was enjoying the warm indoors with the the cutest boy in the whole world (I am a little biased). Yep, we were completely iced in for several days, so Jett and I baked brownies....




Helping mommy clean up...


We did a little coloring.....


And we hatched dinosaur eggs!





Has anyone else tried hatching these fizzy, alka-seltzer like dinosaur eggs with their little ones?!? My mom got Jett a few for Christmas, and they are pretty large eggs, but this sucker took about 30 minutes to completely hatch, and when all was said and done, the dinosaur was about the size of a dime and some sort of paper material. I had anticipated at the least a small plastic toy. Oh well, Jett was thrilled and happy to show it off for me. Notice how yucky the bath water was afterwards..Ewe!!

We also had a bit of adventure last week in the ice. I was holding Jett in the drive way (if you have ever been to our house, we live on the top of a hill and the driveway winds up to the back of the house and it is very steep). I slipped on the ice and fell, and when I landed I was on Jetts right leg. It freaked me out, and when I sat him down he would cry, and when he tried to take a step he would fall. I called Bobby panicking and he left work to come home and take us to the Urgent Care Clinic, as I wasn't confident enough to brave the icy roads. After about 4 x-rays, I was thrilled to learn that his ankle was just strained, and at the most there was a small fracture in his growth plate that will heal with time. Whew! Talk about feeling like the worst mom in the whole world. Being the spunky 2 year old Jett is, he was back to himself in no time, and ready to play in outside in the beautiful weather over the weekend. Only in this part of the country can you have an ice storm on Tuesday, and spring like weather on Friday. Here is Jett enjoying the outdoors on Saturday.

I love how red his hair is in this picture. It is getting so much darker that I love the way it still looks copper-ish in the sunlight.



Wearing gramma's shades

Sunday was the Super Bowl, and boy were we excited! Bobby loves the Steelers, and I pretty much just love any good football game (not to mention that Springsteen was the half time show!)Jett enjoyed eating chips and queso in the den more than watching the game as you can tell by his cheesy face.



Well, that about sums up our week. I hope everyone has a good week and stays warm!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I am glad that you and Jett are ok...I know so many people who get seriously injuried slipping on that stupid ice.

This weather is so crazy, I wish it would make up it's mind, Cold or Hot!

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a fun week! That is so crazy that you fell on his leg because I know a girl and her husband was walking outside last week with their 18 month daughter and he slipped and fell on her leg and broke it! I'm so glad that didn't happen with Jett!