Monday, February 16, 2009

How much do we "Heart" our boy???

As Jett would say...."Mommy loves you the whoooooole world!" The feeling is definitely mutual!! I have always liked Valentine's Day because what is greater than a whole day wrapped around the concept of love and chocolates! Here is Jett after his bath Saturday morning when he discovered the red balloons I brought home and left in the kitchen.



Saturday night my mom offered to watch Jett for a few hours so that Bobby and I could go to dinner and a movie. After dinner we were sitting at the entrance ramp on the highway and Bobby said "I kind of just want to go get him, but your mom would probably be mad". I just started laughing because I was thinking the same thing. Now that we have Jett, we are not very good at entertaining ourselves! Rather than going to a movie, we just drove back into Tulsa and spent some alone time shopping around and listening to old school music that we actually used to like. It was a great time, and I enjoyed having my hubby to myself for a few hours (and getting to hold his hand in the car, as I am usually leaning over the seat giving Jett a drink, snack, toy, etc.)
Here is Jett as we were getting ready to leave for Gramma's house (and more balloon fun).




While we were away, Jett was having a ball being spoiled by gramma! He also loved the Thomas the Train Valentine's Day card and Mr. Potato Head she bought him.


I usually make Valentine's Day cupcakes, but this year my friend Shanna made some and she was kind enought to send some home with me. They were DELICIOUS, and cute!



Earlier this week Jett and I sat down and hand created special Valentine's cards for all of our friends. This boy does love to color, and particularly enjoyed pressing the buttons on my Cricut machine and watching it cut the paper. Fun!

We enjoyed our Valentine's Day week/weekend, and I look forward to spending many more great "heart" days with my two Valentine's!! I hope everyone else had a great weekend too! Here are a few random pictures of my little cupid doing what he enjoys the most....knocking all of his ABC's off the dishwasher, taking everything out of the cabinets, and wallering around all over the kitchen floor.



1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love Valentines day too...I didn't get into it much this year though.

Jett is a doll, as usual!