Sunday, February 8, 2009

Potty Animal

We finally did it. We bought Jett his very first potty chair. Just the thought of cleaning out that nasty plastic bowl gives me chills, but Jett has absolutely ZERO interest in sitting on the big potty lately, so I though a small one might not freak him out so bad. I personally am fine with waiting several months to start the whole potty training process, especially since we have had our dog for almost 4 years and she still has uh-oh's (we are obviously not doing something right). When I suggested waiting, Bobby reminded me that he isn't going to be a baby forever, and I can't wait until he is 21 to buy him a potty chair.....so sad:( To my surprise, the chair was a huge hit! Jett couldn't get enough of his new throne. He even grunted and strained enough trying to make something happen that there were a few drops in the bowl (Ewe!!!).


Saturday afternoon we ran to my grandma's house in Owasso. Bobby changed some of her light bulbs in the bathroom, so of course Jett had to be daddy's little "helper".


He always loves going to Nenal's because she has a huge box of crayons. I am so proud of him because he has finally learned all of his colors, with the exception of red. He always calls red pink, and then realizes he messed up and says "no, that's red".

While I was picking up toys in the living room, I heard Jett and my grandma laughing in the dining room. I walked in there to find this...



So funny! Jett found her rollers and wanted her to put them in his hair. I am hoping he won't have gender identity issues from us rolling his hair.

This week has been pretty busy and involved another trip to the doctor to get Jett's cough and runny nose looked at. I am not typically the kind of mom to run him to the Dr. because of a runny nose or cough, but his coughs were starting to rattle, so I thought I better get him checked out. Of course, by the time we got to the Dr. he wasn't coughing, his nose wasn't running, and he was running around like a wild man. We got a good report, but he did get his first antibiotic ever. I guess making it over 2 years without having to take medicine is pretty good. Here are a few random pictures from before church this morning, and a few from this evening.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh the joys of potty training! :) I am not looking forward to that part...
How cute with the rollers, that is a picture to bring out when he's in his mid twenties :)