Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vitamin D, sunshine.....YEAH!

I can't believe I am saying this, but finally after 22 consecutive days of rain, the sun finally decided to make an appearance. YEAH! The rain was getting really depressing, and as strange as it may sound, I think my flowers were actually starting to look pathetic from too much water. This week was eventful, as it was my husband's birthday (1 more year until the big 4-0), and I was finally able to schedule a long overdue hair appointment. I was beginning to feel as if I should try out for the next season of Rock of Love Bus with my dark roots. Bobby and Jett also took advantage of the nice weather this weekend and ran with me at the river both Saturday and Sunday. Yippee! After we were finished, we took Jett to the new park area to play for a while. It is really nice, and I can't wait until it gets warm enough to let him play in all of the cool water features. Here are a few pictures of my little monkey at on the jungle gym.




I snapped this picture before we left for the river Saturday morning. How cute are these guys?!?

This was Jett "helping" daddy make his PB&J sandwich.

Sunday Bobby's parents took us out to eat and I was able to finally get a picture of the two of them with Jett. I am so glad that Jett has grandparents on both sides that think the world revolves around him (and parents, and great-grandparents, etc.)


That's about all I have for this week. I was finally able to schedule our visit to the White House last week! I am really getting excited about our trip to DC and the beach! Too bad it's not for 3 more months.....Here are a few more random pictures of my sweet baby boy. He kills me!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I am loving this weather as well! YEAH for sunshine. :)

How exciting, DC and the beach, fun, fun...we won't be going anywhere due to a newborn but I will be dreaming of a vacation!

Jett's a doll as usual!

Mandy said...

This sun has been awesome!! I was getting tired of the rain too!

On the plaid shorts, the ones that he had on in that post were actually from The Childrens Place. I got him a few pairs there earlier this spring and when I was in the one here on Saturday, they still had a few different pairs and I think they were on sale for like $11.00, can't beat that! I also got him a few pairs at Target earlier this year. I'm not sure if they still have them or not. Good Luck!!

mbarnes said...

we are all vitamin D deficient due to our life style and sun avoidance. take a look at www.vitaminD3world.com The site also has a good newsletter and is offering free vitamin D to its customers children