Monday, May 25, 2009

Finally, a weekend at home with NO plans

Wow! This weekend was so nice because it was the first in a long time that we had absolutely zero plans for Saturday and Sunday. Jett is at the age now where he gets more excited about things such as the zoo, walks, the park, etc. In the past, we would go and he would enjoy it, but he knows now to request going certain places and doing specific things. This weekend Bobby and I decided to go for a jog, so we packed up and headed to the river. On our way we pulled into QT, and Jett immediately said " I want some Gatorade, daddy". It's so funny that he associates QT now with drinks. He has actually done this for quite some time, and it really shows how routine we are about doing things! After we got a drink we headed to the river, and as we turned in Jett got really excited about the park. After our jog we rested for a bit while Jett played in the new splash pad.









Needless to say, he did not want to leave. We finally had to bribe him to get him in the car. He has also become really fond of Tiffany these days. He has always loved her, but now he has no fear of her and will hold her tail while she drags him around the house, or he will give her a great big bear hug around the neck until she gets up and takes off dragging him behind her. She is such a good dog and she tolerates him so well! The other morning, Bobby decided to let Jett "ride" Tiffany. I am sure she was thrilled.




I can't believe Jett turned 2 1/2 last Sunday. Gulp, sniff-sniff. I don't remember time flying so fast before he was born. Now I wish I could pause time, but before I have time to blink a whole month has passed. He is such a lovable, sweet, and funny little guy that kills us with the things he says and does. He is also extremely well behaved, which is a little surprising since we are not at all good disciplinarians. I guess it's a good thing that he is distracted easily! I was commenting the other day about how we have never experienced the "terrible two's" and someone informed me that 3 is the hard age. Ugh! Maybe I should bite my tongue.
I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Splash pads are so fun! Kaid loves those but we don't really have any good ones around here.

That's good that Tiffany lets Jett play with her like that, our dogs are the same way with Kaid and I hope they take to the baby as well!