Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On the road again.....

Whoosh! I am totally exhausted after being out of town for the third week in a row. Last week was our family reunion in Arkansas. I absolutely love Arkansas, and although I could not rope, tie, and drag Bobby there to live, I intend to make sure that Jett appreciates it as much as I do! So far so good. He loved the mountains and made sure to stay awake for the entire 4 hour drive so that he would not miss any of the "fog that looks like smoke". Apparently is has been raining there as much as it has been raining here. Whatever happened to April showers bring May flowers?!?!?





Earlier this week I decided to pull out Jett's big boy underwear and try them on him. Now, we still are not in the aggressive potty training stage, but we are up to 4 or 5 times a day going on the potty (on a good day). I will be the first to admit that I am probably the worst about just pinning a diaper on him and going since it is just easier. Gotta work on that if I ever want him to be accepted into school.



Also new this week was another addition to our family. Bobby discovered a turtle in our yard while mowing. Jett loves turtles, so I found a glass fish bowl for him and made him a nice little home and began feeding and caring for him. I decided to google what you are supposed to feed turtles only to find out that our new "pet" was actually a water turtle (aka-snapping turtle). Yikes! Maybe we shouldn't try to rescue wild reptiles in our yard. Hopefully next weekend we will be able to take him out somewhere and let him go.

Remember the duckies that Jett got for Easter? Well, we are now down to uno duck. They were living in my grandma's yard, and one day she noticed that the little brown one was missing. We dont know what happened to it, but it breaks my heart to see the little white duckling waddling around her yard all alone. Here is a recent pic. Those suckers get big fast!

Here are a few more random pictures of Jett's indoor play this week. I am so ready for the sunshine!



1 comment:

Amber said...

What a handsome underwear model! :) hehe
Yes Arkansas has gotten so much rain Ryan hasn't worked in two weeks! Insane...

Where in Arkansas does your family live? Those pictures are breathtaking.