Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's what month?!?

I can hardly believe that it is almost July, or we are halfway there at least. I remember way back when BC (before child), weeks were long and days seemed even longer. Now, before I know it, a whole month has passed and I get sad that it has flown by way to quickly. The positive thing about this summer so far is that I have gotten the opportunity to spend time with several friends that live out of state. This past weekend I got to enjoy time with my sweet friend Neena that moved away a few years ago. Another friend of ours was kind enough to host a cook out Saturday night for our families to get together and catch up. We had a blast, and Jett and I enjoyed meeting and getting to play with (and splash in puddles with) sweet little Aidan.


This was after Ring around the Rosey....we all fell down!

Ring around the Rosey




Earlier this week Amy and I took Jett and Abby to the splash pad. I love watching them together, and I really hope that Abby and Jett will be close like Amy and I. So far, they run in opposite directions of one another, with the occassional hug and kiss. Abby is always so sweet and tries to love on Jett and share things with him, such as her drink for example.


Brrrr.....the water was colder than he anticipated, and you can tell by his face










As time goes by, Jett becomes more and more of a comedian. This past week Bobby and I stopped to get frozen custard, and I was sitting on the couch eating mine with a napkin wrapped around the cup (brrr those things are cold), and Jett walked over to me and said "Whatcha eadin mommy? Are you eadin ice cweam.....and toilet paper?" Then the other night, Bobby and I were laying with him in our bed. Realizing that Jett was not going to go to sleep with the TV on, Bobby turned it off. Jett quickly settled down, and when it got quiet, he said "What are we gonna do now, Daddy?" Bobby quickly responded with "We're going to go to sleep is what were gonna do". He is doing well with using the potty, and had no daytime wet diapers this past weekend. Yeah! Well, that's all I have for now. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I wish we had a splash pad here! Those are so nice when you have kids...Especially with this killer heat we have been having.

So cute!