Monday, June 22, 2009

Can it get any hotter around here?!?!?

Seriously, I went for a run today around 2 with Tiffany, and poor thing barely made it home. As I was running, I would look back and see her laying on her side in the middle of the street with her tongue hanging out of her mouth. At one point, a nice neighbor offered to give her water. Hmmm, maybe I should leave my hot natured running buddy at home! Jett, on the other hand, would play outside for hours in the heat and it never seems to phase him. My kinda boy! Here he is playing around outside earlier this week. Notice the short shorts?!? These were some 12-18 month play clothes I pulled out from the back of his closet. On top of that, he was wearing his big boy underwear, so can we say "wedgie"?!?






He is so much fun these days and has really started wanting to "help" me with everything. It's so cute to see him watch every move I make and then say "I-yanna do it!" This weekend we stayed at home and worked in the yard, watched cartoons (I know, don't fall out of your chairs), and went for a few nice walks around the neighborhood. It was a very nice, relaxing Father's Day weekend. I tried to get some pictures of Bobby and Jett playing Sunday afternoon, but I didn't realize that they were turning out so dark.



As we were getting read to go visit my father-in-law Sunday, Bobby snapped a few shots of Jett and I in the driveway. I love how green everything is (after much watering).



Just when we think he can't get any funnier, Jett says or does something that knocks our socks off. I was showing him some Thomas the Train sing-a-longs on YouTube the other day, and I went to click on the button to make the picture larger, and Jett said "No mommy....don't click it", and pulled his hand back as if he was going to smack me. I looked at him square in the eye and said "You better not hit mommy". He looked me directly in the eyes, leaned his little head over on my shoulder and turned his cheek to kiss my face, then reached his little palms up and put them on my cheeks and said in the SWEETEST little voice "Say it mommy....I love you Jett". Ugh! He kills me! This is exactly why I am not good at the discipline thing. Although, I must brag on him because everywhere we go we get praises about how well mannered he is. We must be doing something right! Just a quick picture to show how much I am obsessed with this boy.

Oh, and his new phrase of the week was "I love you today mommy". Awe...so loveable. Although, it makes me wonder if he really does only love me that day, or will he love me tomorrow too?!? So funny!

No comments: