Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Food, fun, and fortunes.....

I think it's official that I should probably be the recipient of some type of bad blogger award these days. I almost skipped this week entirely, but I rely on my weekly posts to track Jett's age and cuteness in my scrapbooks! This summer is flying by and I can't believe it's already July! We have spending most of our time outdoors, and come in about 3 times a day to eat. We would probably do that outside as well, but I have a weird phobia about ants and flies on my food:) The other night Bobby was helping Jett eat a hamburger, and I had to grab the ole' camera.




I started cross training last week in the pool, which was exciting for me because I love to swim, and I am also hoping to do another triathlon before summer is over. The only negative thing to lap swimming....Jett can't do it with me. Bummer. I am hoping that in the next few weeks I can take him to the pool just to splash around and have fun without doing laps. He really does well in the water and will even put his head under, so I am hoping he will love swimming also. Watch out Michael Phelps! Bobby and I have been working in our flower bed often, as weeds just keep popping up out of nowhere. Urgh! While we are digging up weeds, Jett enjoys playing around in the yard and chasing Tiffany (or riding her, dragging her, laying on her, etc). She is the best dog and tolerates all of his abuse.






I can't end a post without a Jett funny, so here goes. My mom and I meet every Tuesday and take Jett to the bookstore and then go eat together. We have found this amazing place called Thai Siam, and they always give us fortune cookies. The very first time we went there (I am guessing about 2 months ago), Jett's first fortune said "Never give up". Tuesday after Jett opened his fortune cookie, he pulled out the fortune, studied it for a second, and then said "It says Never give up". Mom and I about died. He has a great memory (did not get that from me), and he now knows almost all of the Thomas the Train characters by name and can recognize their numbers. Also new this week is "No...I don't think so", and "It doesn't matter mommy". I asked him tonight "How old are you Jett", and he thought I said "How are you Jett", so he responded by saying "Thank you mommy, I'm fine". Other than that, not much going on around here. I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments: