Monday, October 22, 2007

First step and lots of time with Gramma

First off, let me apologize to all of my blogger readers who have e-mailed me today and said, "What's the problem? The blog is not updated!" I was so tired from the weekend that I got no further than downloading my pictures before I crashed. Jett and I started off our week with some shopping with Amy and Abby. Both of them were just precious and Amy and I enjoyed spending some time together with our kiddo's and laughing about all of the crazy things we did when we were younger that seem funny to us now, but would never be funny if one of our children did such a thing. Not that we were bad by any measure, but of course, we want our kids to be perfect. Ha!
Here is a cute picture of Jett and Abby all buckled in and ready to go. Whatta pair!















This week Bobby's mom and dad were out of town so my mom graciously took Wed. thru Fri. off to stay with Jett. They played, went to the park, and took Nenal to the eye Dr. I was just thinking this morning about how lucky Jett is to have so many people around him that love him so much. Our entire lives pretty much revolve around him and catering to his every need. Although, I am a little nervous because I was also thinking today about how Jett has never for one second been left with anyone besides us or someone in our family, and he is a little stranger shy. This is making me nervous, as I am not sure how he is going to handle all of the attention at his first birthday party....we'll see. Bobby and I attended an adult only costume party on Saturday night. Our friends own the Safari's Sanctuary in BA, and every year they host a fabulous costume/Halloween party. I had to post this picture of Bobby and I pre-party. You should see the costumes out there. I was seriously more modest than most of the wives/girlfriends there. I am so bad, but I took the costume back on Sunday. I know that is terrible, but am pretty sure that I will never again be dressed as a skanky pirate. :) I also posted a picture of Jett with Bobby's mask on, and one of him eating a fry while I was getting ready. That was daddy's idea of "feeding" Jett. Gramma once again came to the rescue and stayed with Jett for a few hours while we were gone.

















Sunday we had a birthday party for Nenal at my mom's house. It was a lot of fun and Jett always enjoyes playing with my mom's dogs (Ttt, Ttt, Ttt). This is what Jett calls all dogs. He tries to say Tiffany, but all that comes out is the T sound, and he thinks that all dogs are Tiffany's (or Ttt, Ttt, Ttt's). He is learing that ducks go "quack, quack", and he will quack when he see's his rubber duckies. We just get the biggest kick out of him. The exciting news about Jett is that he took a step! OK, so it was just one step and daddy was the lucky one to see it, but it still counts. I was in the kitchen, and I heard Bobby yell through the monitor, "Babe, hurry! hurry! Jett just took a step!" I ran back to his bedroom and we tried to get him to do it again but he wasn't interested. He is excellent at standing on his own though and he even bounces up and down while doing it. He definately has good balance. He also has starting calling out for me. Before, he would jabber all types of things and never really mean too much by it, but now he will call out "Momma,Momma, Momma". I love it SO much. Most of the time he does this when he is tired or fussy, but I will take what I can get! Here are the pictures from Sunday.















Jett's new favorite toy is his Go Diego Go ball that Gramma bought him last week (Tiffany popped his other one). He LOVES to chase the ball around and has learned to "throw" it. Poor Tiffany. Before Jett came along, we would say "Go get your ball", and she would run all over the house until she found it and bring it to us. Now when we say that to Jett, she gets all excited and crazy and I have to yell at her to calm down. Poor girl, before Jett she was the center of our attention, and now she gets yelled at for doing exactly what we worked so hard to teach her to do. I am trying to work on not being so harsh with her. I am just so afraid that she is going to accidentally hurt Jett playing too rough. I think they are going to be best buds. Here are some pictures from tonight. Enjoy and have a great week!



No comments: