Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mommy's B-day & a visit to the Pumpkin Patch

Let me just start by saying that I had been dreading last Friday for an entire year. I couldn't figure out which was more depressing, the fact that on Friday I would turn the big 3-0, or that in a little over a month Jett would be turning the big 1. I am thinking now that neither were/will be that bad. Friday Jett and I took a trip to Owasso to visit my good friends that I left behind at First Bank, do a little shopping, and have dinner with mom and Nenal for my birthday. We had a great time, and of course, Jett made our evening by discovering while riding in the back of the cart at Target, that his shoes had squeakers in them. My mom bought him an ADORABLE pair of squeaky training shoes, and for whatever reason, he landed on one just right and heard them squeak For the rest of the evening he was hopping and bouncing up and down in the back of the cart to hear them make noise. We all (and everyone else in the store) got a kick out our silly boy. Saturday was a busy day also. Jett was invited to a birthday party (it was a Disney Princess theme, so I had to make sure he was equipt with his Prince Charming pacifier). From the party, we came home, picked up Bobby, and headed to meet Amy,Steve, and Abby at The Melting Pot for dinner. We had a wonderful time and ate entirely too much. After dinner Amy, Steve, and Abby come over to our house to hang out with us for a little while. Jett enjoyed playing around on the floor and would pat or poke at Abby every once and a while when he would notice her. Amy and I also realized that we have known each other and been friends for half of our lives at this point. Now that is what I call a great friend! We love those Coatney's. Here are some pictures from Saturday. (The first one is of Jett riding in his new big boy car seat.)








Sunday Bobby and I took Jett to the Pumpkin Patch in Bixby. It was nice and had a fabulous fudge shop. Yum,Yum! At first Jett was not sure about being placed in the middle of hundreds of large orange objects, but after a few seconds he was fine and smiling. Notice in the picture of the scarecrow he looks a little terrified. He did love the animals though. Well, enjoy the pictures. Jett and I are going to try to meet up tomorrow with Amy and Abby for a little shopping,so I am going to hit the hay.





No comments: